What's new

Leave smokers alone

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KulrMeStoopid

http://www.thecommentator.com/article/4578/leave_smokers_alone

The real tragedy here is smokers that have been beaten down for the sole reason of being smokers, thanks to a top-down campaign to cast them aside for the crime of enjoying something some people object to

by Richard White on 8 January 2014 06:54

The mantra that secondhand smoke kills thousands a year has continued even though the large prospective studies show otherwise – Enstrom and Kabat found no risk, the WHO found no risk, and now, a new study examined in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute has found no risk, despite the researchers expecting to find one.

Within the study article, though, comes the admission of its roots in Godber’s 1975 comments – Jyoti Patel, MD, explained that there is only a borderline risk of lung cancer from secondhand smoke, but that “[t]he strongest reason to avoid passive cigarette smoke is to change societal behavior: to not live in a society where smoking is a norm”.

Nowhere in that article does it mention vaping so I fail to see a reason why you'd post it on here. :)

That said,it does state that a non-smoker living with a smoker would theoretically consume about 5 cigarettes which is not fair on the non-smoker,allowing a non-smoker to consume ANY smoke isn't fair so I am in agreement with a ban on smoking in any place where the public are present.Vaping on the other hand,doesn't pollute the air anyone breathes so why the fuck should we put up with a ban on using our APV's in any public places? Grrrrrr!

Nowhere in that article does it mention vaping so I fail to see a reason why you'd post it on here. :)
We were largely all smokers once Chegs and the point of the piece is to illustrate that the ANTZ will use the flimsiest of evidence to support their actions. Something we are seeing now. With Vaping. As a pub lover I have despaired at the effect of the smoking ban on locals supposedly on the premise that they were protecting staff and non smoking customers. We know that in fact the risk was not as high as we were led to believe. Ringing any bells?

That said,it does state that a non-smoker living with a smoker would theoretically consume about 5 cigarettes which is not fair on the non-smoker,allowing a non-smoker to consume ANY smoke isn't fair so I am in agreement with a ban on smoking in any place where the public are present.Vaping on the other hand,doesn't pollute the air anyone breathes so why the fuck should we put up with a ban on using our APV's in any public places? Grrrrrr!

Because its about Smoking, which is something we all used to do and we all had to deal with the effects of it not just physically but in the real world.

I'm actually wondering why you would need to tell me there is no reason as to why I would post it here anyways.

I agree with KMS.....leave smokers alone....it wont happen now tho as the 'hatred' of smoke is drilled into folk.....so it'll just get worse ( bastards )

Opppps,I didn't "tell me there is no reason as to why I would post it here anyways" I just didn't see any reason why you would post an article about smoking in a vaping forum,even if we were all smokers once.I've just been reading pieces in a local paper about banning smoking outside hospitals,where a NON-SMOKER councillor tried to defend tobacco by saying it would just increase the litter on nearby streets(thus indicating that ALL smokers were litter louts)Then there were a few comments about pubs closing in the area,where someone had stated that the smoking ban was the cause of so many pubs closing,yet the actual story is much more believable....pubs are generally rented from the brewery,whenever they need fresh stock,they're contracted to buy from the brewery at inflated prices,if the pub makes a profit,the brewery will increase the rent,the pub might be a rental property,but the upkeep & maintenance costs are borne by the tenant.That letter was more believable than the one blaming smoking bans,especially as it also mentioned £3 per pint is why people don't buy alcohol from pubs as much,preferring to purchase from supermarkets for a significant saving.

I do realise that the ANTZ will use any excuse,even hiding the truth from regulators just to get their own way,whether its smokers/vaping/drinking/farting/breathing...someone will find a way to bleat an objection or 2 & the public are then left wondering WHY are these regulations being introduced.

I just didn't see any reason why you would post an article about smoking in a vaping forum,even if we were all smokers once.

Some people on this forum are still smokers and it is relevant to them it is also a good read for anyone who is smoking was a smoker or thinking about becoming a smoker. So if I want to post about smoking on a forum about vaping full of smokers and ex smokers, then I can. Just like you or anyone else. :) Seriously? Why am I explaining myself anyways? :P

I didn't post either comment as a dig at you KMS so there is no need for you to explain anything.It just surprised me finding an article about smoking on a vaping forum,nothing sinister or intentionally confrontational or argumentative in my posts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom