Vape Club
What's new

WTF is this shoit?

Motorheaded

Achiever
http://www.realfarmacy.com/study-reveals-e-cigarettes-toxic/

Study Reveals E-Cigarettes Contain Formaldehyde and Produce Toxic Secondhand “Smoke”

Jun 27 • A Paradigm Shift, Articles • 6082 Views • 309 Comments
Share162K 55 Tweet475 Share60 96 Share165K

The trendy e-cig may not be as “safe” as originally thought. A new study shows that they contain volatile organic compounds, acetone, formaldehyde, acetaldehyde, benzopyrene as well as silicate and various metal particles. The German Cancer Research Center, Heildelberg calls the e-cigarette, “An uncontrolled experiment with Consumers.”

Electronic cigarettes are not emission-free. E-cigarettes contain volatile organic substances, including propylene glycol, flavors and nicotine, and are emitted as mist or aerosol into indoor air. Study showed that these ultrafine liquid particles of less than 2.5 micrometer in diameter may penetrate deeply into the lungs. Study further showed that these e-cigarettes produce substantially fewer ultrafine particles than conventional cigarettes, however, the substances emitted by e-cigarettes may be inhaled by non-users when used indoor. Second-hand exposure to e-cigarette emission which may lead to adverse health effects cannot be excluded says the German Cancer Research Center, Heildelberg.
The study goes on to say that the findings revealed the following about the emissions of e-cigarette: a) besides glycol (the main ingredient), nicotine, flavors, tobacco-specific nitrosamines, volatile organic compounds, acetone, formaldehyde. acetaldehyde, benzo(a)pyrene as well as silicate and various metal particles are present, and b) the particle size is between I00 and 600 nanometers, which is comparable to the particle size found in tobacco smoke of conventional cigarettes. The levels of most harmful substances are lower in thee-cigarettes than in conventional cigarette smoke, but they do accumulate in indoor air.
Not that anyone needed a study to tell them that inhaling unknown vapors is unhealthy, but it is good to know that it does produce “secondhand” harms so people can take precautions around their children and others. The one thing that we can definitely count on from this study is that it will not be long before the state begins violating the property rights of business owners by mandating that they disallow e-cig smoking on their private property.

Elux
This is a really old report, and was shown to be a complete and utter load of BS if I remember correctly :)

AcmeFog
Farmacy?

Seriously?

Not that anyone needed a study to tell them that inhaling unknown vapors is unhealthy

I wonder if Ms/Mrs/Mr Farmacy has the first clue regarding the constituents of the air they breath, the water they drink or the food they consume.

Royal Flush Vape
How do all those nasty particles get into a compound woth four ingredients? I wonder if they just took an air sample and measured everything in it then blamed the ecig?

Propylene Glycol is apparently volatile now as well. Wow

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

Vape Green
This articles really old the German paper was funded by the WHO of course its going to say what the who wants it to

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

The Electronic Cigarette Company
Back
Top Bottom