What's new

Voodoowool

*Not a review, just observations:

I've tried it in drippers but found the size of it limiting in small capped ones. It worked very well indeed in the Fatty V3 due to the extra space available. It's not something I'd opt for in a dripper as I much prefer the convenience of cotton and microcoil builds.

Those of you who prefer silica/Ekowool builds might like to give Voodoowool a go as I found it held an incredible amount of juice...so much so that I had to remove it just to try out cotton again so I could look at how good the well of the Fatty worked feeding juice up to the coil, the Voodoowool just kept on feeding and feeding which stopped me doing that.

Where I've discovered it comes into its own is when used in conjunction with a mesh wick in a genny. I frequently have problems going sub-ohm on a genny with just mesh and wire/ribbon. As a trial I used the Voodoowool as a jacket for the wick and it was much easier to work with than Ekowool due to its resistance to fraying.

It will begin to fray during the build but not in a limiting factor. It retains its integrity while inserting the mesh and only begins to fray at the ends once coiling as it is being constantly moved.

I now have a dual coil T2 with mesh/Voodoo. Three wraps of 0.5 Kanthal ribbon on a wick gives 1.2ohm leading to 0.6ohm total resistance. Filled with Brasileiro it is now giving me the best vape I've had from a T2.

I'm going to try this build with four wraps per coil on the Steam Turbine and will do a photo set for each stage. I've had problems with the ST ever since I got it and if it works on that I'll be over the moon. This is what will go on to form a proper review.

Whichever way you cut it though - I'm a fan of this stuff and will be adding it to my next stealthvape order as I cut my supply into five and sent them off to other people to try out too.

And I love the name.

DSC_0053[1].jpg

I know its only a small one but chucking it out like there is no tomorrow. running at 1.3 ohm

Last edited:
Yes I only made two tried 3 but came out 1.9 ohm and I find that to high. I prefer 1.2-1.5 ohms, I used 0.2 kanthal. Might be beating the sid as I got it on 4.2 volts (which is what I usually have it on when vaping)

I've been leaning towards less wraps lately. Someone will coin it as mega coil or something soon and it'll be the latest fad hehe

Less wraps but further spaced should heat up pretty quick. If I wasn't so lazy and attached to the build I've been rinsing under the tap and dry burning for the last 5 or 6 weeks I'd test it further

Back
Top Bottom