What's new

Thinking of switching from smoking to vaping?

Scoff

Postman
Try it... Do it...
If not for yourself, do it for your family and friends

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched my Grandma go from a healthy and energetic woman to total skeleton and then dead in very short time during my high school years, it was horrifying - yet I still got addicted to smoke. I never want my children to see me that way and am thankful that I get to enjoy my vice in a format that will reduce the risk of that happening.

Meanwhile, somewhere, a pharmaceutical company is happily rejoicing record profits with shareholders as they rub their palms due to their smoking related drugs, tobacco companies are doing the same while peddling the very thing that causes this - and they come after US...

I've seen too many people go out this way.
And yes I hate to admit, - I did go out for a fag after it was over.
Thank god for vaping is all I can say.
:(

I watched my dear old Gramps slowly fade away in a hospice due to lung cancer. He had been a heavy smoker (60 a day for most of his life). The hospice even allowed us to wheel him out into the courtyard, in his bed, to have a last ciggie. We all stood around him smoking in the courtyard too.
This was 7 years ago and none of us had ever heard of e-cigs.

Some of us gave up after that, some of us (me included) battled on and off with quitting and relapsing and some of us are still smoking.

He made it to his 82nd birthday then slipped away days later.

You never get over watching someone you love slowly die a horrible death. Near the end, we even took it in turns to tell him it was OK to let go when he was ready because, as much as we loved him, we could not stand to see him suffering any longer.
He clung on far too long :(

And yet, I continued to smoke.

I found that video really moving,the music is one of my favourite tracks as it was played at the funeral of my step-father,who also was unfortunate enough to contract 2 of the rarer forms of the disease and went from a strapping 6ft 6" gentle giant who was awesome round his grandchildren to a grumpy,nasty house-bound bloke in just 3 weeks before finally dying a couple of months later.He gave up drinking/smoking 30 odd years ago too so cancer is no respecter of the human body,it can attack & kill anyone,smoker/non-smoker/fitness fanatic/couch-potato. :(

According to my phone its been 253 days since I quit smoking. I decided when I quit that I was going to save the money I wasn't burning and use it for something stupid, not waste it, but not have general household eat the money and have nothing to show for it. All my life I have driven big cars, 3 litre, 6 cylinder stuff. But always hankered for a mini (I passed my test in one 30 years back so always had a soft spot for them). Anyway, I got in one last month and hated it (not as much as I hate BMW minis, but not far off). So that blew the silly notion of the mini out of the water. While I was there though I tried a few other cars of the 'you wont see me in one of those' style of car.

Long Story short, I now own my free (ridiculously small but funny and makes all sorts of statements) car. Suddenly walking around with a brabus key ring and a stupid grin. Come Sunday, the money I haven't spent on cigs will have totally paid for the car.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 153
Back
Top Bottom