What's new

Review Rai Vapes Launcher V2 clone from FastTech

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
Yet another review using my words and the thing that I paid for in full and, unusually, got exactly what I paid for. Thank you for reading yet another one because I've had over one thousand people visit the blog this weekend. Someone must be bored. Not the Lords of POTV though, they aren't bored because they have to watch out for reviews as they don't co-write them or hold any responsibility for them. In fact this is probably more of a nuisance to be honest. Christopher Hitchens died on this day in 2009, still a great loss to the world.

Full review here

rv10.jpg

Isaac Asimov was a great man; An atheist, a humanist, a feminist, a staunch critic of superstitious and pseudo-scientific beliefs and a man who firmly believed that a good joke could provoke more thought that laboured philosophical discussion.

As the man who gave us science fiction as we now know it and the rules of robotics he would appreciate the Launcher more than anyone, were he still alive. If he was in my house now he’d be chuckling along to Futurama (with all of its mathematical references) and he would recognise that there is one truth.

For a man who denounced all religions, for a scientific man, he would know that we can hold this single truth to be fact:

Bender the robot, that alcoholic and vulgar machine, the Rai Vapes Launcher V2 is his penis.

rv2.jpg

For aesthetic robot penis reasons only many have written-off ever buying the Launcher V2 and that is a crying shame. This cost me the grand total of £12.91 ($19.66) delivered. Sorry, I ought to say THIS ONLY COST ME TWELVE BLOODY POUNDS AND NINETY ONE DAMN PENCE!

The price is important. Firstly, it’s important because it is so cheap. Secondly, the price is important because of how good this mod is.
And it is very, very good.

rv1.jpg

Full review here

Another great review - but I must remember not to eat or drink when reading a Mawsley review!

Since I've always wanted a robot penis I've just ordered one

@Mawsley
Any chance of a voltage drop test? ;) Under load at 0.5 would be nice...

No inline voltmeter, sorry, or anything running 0.5ohm as I rarely go under 1 ohm these days. There again, and I'm prepared to be corrected on this, I reckon the true voltage drop figure would be under load with no atomizer thereby providing maximum resistance (e.g. air). Introducing attys and coils just adds another level of resistance because you would be compounding the mod VD with the atty VD across the coil - which I don't feel is reflective of the mod itself.

Also, due to the variety of coil/atty set-ups the only consistent comparison figure is to measure across the terminals under load without any atty. To my mind it is the only meaningful figure anyone can cite.

I've said it's something that I want to factor in to past and future mod reviews and all I needed to do was buy a new battery for my multimeter but I've been a lazy arse.

I'll tell you this though: copper pins and good threads make it a total winner at the price FT are punting them out. I swapped the Fatty from the Maraxus to the Nem to the Launcher this afternoon and the difference was noticeable each time. Also, it's worth checking out the reviews on FT itself as they speak volumes, I was glancing at them today and have come to the conclusion that I am going to buy a second one of these...and this at a time when I'm moving away from just buying cheap stuff from China.

I've ordered the Panzer today - the mod Rip Tripper says is the hardest hitting mod he's ever used. I'll be doing a back to back with the Launcher after it arrives because I seriously reckon on bang for buck the Launcher can't be beaten. Even if the Panzer has a lower drop the Launcher clone still wins on price.

Rambling post doesn't answer your question, sorry :D

Mawsley
I do it the cheat way, no inline, just positive connection to the positive of the dripper, then negative connection on the mod body :P

Works the same ;)

But, I am really tempted to get one. Any idea how big the top cap is on the slant? It's the one thing putting me off this... :(

I have decided that my gift certificate,when it eventually gets handed out will be going on one of these as my latest battery box is struggling to power a 0.6 ohm dual coil.Parallel 18650's are supplying the current but the wires to the on/off switch keep unsoldering themselves.The GF has decided I can have a couple of Sony VTC4's soon,and those bad boys will melt any iffy resistive connections instantly(if these 2 x 18650 ex-laptop batteries can do it)Thank You Mawsley

Back
Top Bottom