What's new

Diabetes type 2 WARNING !!!

I'm going to have a rethink on the above quote made a few months ago. I have been a T2 Diabetic for the past couple of years and taken tablet medication to control my sugars without problems. Over recent months, I have tended to go towards 50/50 mixes and in the last 6 weeks, my blood sugars are uncontrollable. As well as my tablets, I was started on insulin injections about 4/5 weeks ago and still cant control my levels.

Considering that with insulin or tablet use, your blood sugar levels should be in normal range, 2 hours after a meal, yesterday I conducted a test and didn't eat for 24 hours. I took my tablets and injection and so in theory, this morning I should have been very low with the need to boast up my sugars. So 24 hours after I stopped eating, I took a blood test and found myself SIX times over the "normal level". This has got to be down to vaping I'm sure.

So i'm going to have a read up, immediately go to 80/20 PG/VG and see what that does.

Listen to Gonloopy Ter... My uncle, the one I lost last August, this is what started happening to him (wasnt cause of death) but , these are the symptoms he was experiencing. Reading your post has gotten me very concerned as I watched him battle with this for years and he was too stubborn to go to the docs and when he did...he wouldnt let them do the tests they needed to do, or take the meds the way he should, or eat properly. It was all a very confusing and scary time to say the least.

Not eating is bad bad bad. I know that from living with him at his worst. He would do this in hopes he would feel better or sort his sugars out and checking his sugars, he was in the 800's. Rushing him to ER, docs said he should have been dead or at the very least, be in a coma and this happened several times (an understatement) before his final hospitalization about 6 months before his heart went.

Im not trying to scare you, just tell you what I went through with my uncle and it can go south, pretty quickly if you don't stay on top of it hon.

Please please please, be very stern with your treating physician and get the necessary tests done to get to the root of this.

Listen to @Gonloopy Ter... My uncle, the one I lost last August, this is what started happening to him (wasnt cause of death) but , these are the symptoms he was experiencing. Reading your post has gotten me very concerned as I watched him battle with this for years and he was too stubborn to go to the docs and when he did...he wouldnt let them do the tests they needed to do, or take the meds the way he should, or eat properly. It was all a very confusing and scary time to say the least.

Not eating is bad bad bad. I know that from living with him at his worst. He would do this in hopes he would feel better or sort his sugars out and checking his sugars, he was in the 800's. Rushing him to ER, docs said he should have been dead or at the very least, be in a coma and this happened several times (an understatement) before his final hospitalization about 6 months before his heart went.

Im not trying to scare you, just tell you what I went through with my uncle and it can go south, pretty quickly if you don't stay on top of it hon.

Please please please, be very stern with your treating physician and get the necessary tests done to get to the root of this.

Admittedly Im type 2 but until well after I was diagnosed I never ate breakfast,start work around 5am lunch around 12.30-1300 until I spent some time in hospital on a different matter and it was proved to me that even just eating a couple of plain biscuits(digestives) with my early morning tea could make all the difference to my glucose levels, altho eating the wrong things can cause diabetes not eating atall can make it worse, I am a believer in this now

my 2 penith lol my dad type 2 and for "no reason" his sugars went sky high , so as he was sooo ill he cut out all that was new to him , which was vaping , cornflakes and summit else. after a week he re introduced the thing i cant remember and no change after a few days, mum made him go to vaping next still no change , cornflakes next and he had a hypo the same day but put it down to 1 of them things checked bloods over what ever time he has to and yes bloody normal every day cereal affects blood sugars . i know every one is different but he also has err think its called pcod (will edit if im wrong) and i will do all i can to get him off or even lower amount of stinkies xxxx

and i have to say i dont know what they said caused it but i bet they dont take in to account the years as a chimney sweep and as a decorator (lead paint, aspestos, etc) xx

@samwich Yes it doesn't surprise me cornflakes, it does break down into sugars pretty quickly in the body, Your dad may be better off with something like shredded wheat if he likes it? Or porridge? - the proper old fashioned kind, ( it lowers cholesterol too)
The vast majority of Copd is caused by smoking can't for the life of me remember the exact percentage, but think its in the region of 85-90%.
Generally speaking , they say that if you have smoked the equivalent of 20 day for 10 years (or 10 day for 20yrs etc) , you are at risk of Copd. ( that includes me :( )
But you are absolutely right environmental factors also play a part and you can get Copd and never have smoked ...

Last edited:
yeah they always put it down to ciggies but hey how many 10yr olds have to chimney sweep now? lol he always eats porridge and got bord so had cornflakes, dang he wont do that again lol ( typing in the dark) @Gonloopy
p.s my kids loved the cornflakes xx

It can't have helped , poor bloke,
Pretty sad we can't ask kids to sweep the chimney anymore . Would've sent my lad up ;)
It's just cost me £40.00 to get mine done

hope your dads managing ok xx

Back
Top Bottom