What's new

Review Innokin IClear 30B - First impressions (with pics)

pauly meatballs

Achiever
1zx5t9l.jpg

Hi Everyone, just a quick look at the new bottom dual coil clearomiser from Innokin, the iclear 30b.
I bought this from vape-it.co.uk for £12.99. Inevitably I've since found it for sale elsewhere cheaper.

Some specs:
plastic tank (exact material not known to me but innokin have claimed that it is resistant to tank crackers - buyer beware!)
3.0ml capacity
bottom dual coil with replaceable heads (they come in 1.8ohm and 2.1 ohm)
Diameter - I'd hazard a guess at around 20mm - They definitely don't fit in a VTR (gutted!)
They come in a range of colours

15r0hs2.jpg

You can remove the rotating drip tip supplied and use one of your own. I tried it with several and they all fit:

24nk2f8.jpg

2u9ib2u.jpg

The clearo comes in a nice sturdy plastic case with an innokin barcode for ensured authenticity:

epreq9.jpg

Here is the device broken down to it's components:

28vexiu.jpg

Point to note: There is a little air hole in the base of the replaceable head, this should be lined up with the airholes
in the 510 connector for optimal airflow. Over-tightening the head when screwing it in can result in misalignment and reduced airflow:

2dt65k.jpg

33mos41.jpg

Don't know if you can see there but the coils are arranged at right angles from each other, unlike the protank 3 which has them stacked one atop the other.
There were no spare heads supplied so I haven't tried to get this one open but I've heard they're very difficult to gain access to. Dimitri the vaping greek attempted it and was defeated!

Performance:
easy peasy to set up, whacked a load of space jam in there and I've been vaping away for a few hours.
The flavour and vapour is top notch and I haven't had a single dry hit.
No leaks, no gurgles (yet!) no problems at all.

Verdict: - A Good looking BDC clearo that performs very well.

There's very little to separate the top performers in the clearo world right now. We have an abundance of excellent devices and this is definitely one of them. I think it's all down to personal preference. I still rate the aspire bdc a little above this but I know many people found the aspire heads to be temperamental. I'd rate this one slightly above the iclear 30s but I prefer bottom coil to top.
The fact that it's too big for the VTR means I probably won't be buying another one of these.
It does, however, look the business on the new coolfire mods, which it was designed for. I've no plans to invest in the coolfires but plans can change and they are growing on me. Even the hand grenade!

OK I've waffled for long enough,
have a great day everyone,
please take the time to leave a comment if you have an opinion on this device.
Paul

Was put off by the original iClear (probably had a dud unit) but I love BCC's, so this might have to go on the list too! Great review!

got mine yesterday and its a winner, very very impressed. Stripes = epic fail tho

Nice one Pauly,thank you, now Ive discovered pyrex drip tips this could go on the list as I get on well with the standard iclear except for the ali drip tip,sure I can taste it at times

Oh well today it starts leaking from the 510 connecter quite a lot :(

Oh well today it starts leaking from the 510 connecter quite a lot :(

Ive had that with both my i30s'. The head seems to work itself a little loose and may need a gentle turn.

Sent From My Galaxy S4

Wouldn't rule it out - the wick/coil design looks like would deliver plenty of juice to the coils. Pity it's not glass, though

Back
Top Bottom