Vape Superstore
What's new

Vamo V5

James.

Initiate
Anyone had any experience with this. What is your option and what are the good and bad points? I'm thinking of buying one but want to make sure I'm not going to be wasting my money.

Smoore
I had one, broke after a month mate. Atties do not ssit flush, the firing button sticks sometimes, turned off/reset frequently... in my opinion the SVD is much better...

Ive got one that i use all day every day, ive had no real issues like SmokeyJoe ......apart from the sodding centre
pin constantly gets pushed down with various tanks :12: i carry a micro driver around everyday for pulling the post, ive even tried an airflow controller but even that does it, silly little rubber ring around the post isnt up to the job, there is a youtube vid of how to change the ring but im to newb-vous to try lol, had it 5 months and has worked really well apart from that, i cant be disappointed for £50 for a kit... VTR for me next i think :thumbup:

Vape Green
Bought SS Vamo's in all but the V3 (just bought another v2 2nd hand) ;)

Yes the centre pin can be a PITA, but unless you have/buy a spring loaded centre pin this will happen even on ego batteries... something that manufacturers definitely need to look at :)

Never had any of the threads wearing or problems with the PCB but I have never used any of the chrome options :)
The Vamo is a great workhorse for me and I have only ever had a problem with the centre pin which, if you can solder, is a very easy fix :)

EDIT: Or like Steve-bigO you carry a screwdriver to pull it up as necessary :D

Last edited:
i am running the v5 i did what you are doing not long ago and found more fors than agaist and i am very pleased got the complete v5 kit for £50 now that cant be bad .........

Innokin
i too use a vamo v5 ss and bloody love it x my center pin has only gone down once but a pin soon popped it back in place (its real easy to pull back up ) easy to work out and in the dark that nice big fire button is easy to find. i like mine so much i am giving 1 to my dad for his birthday,

I have a V5 ss,have had the centre pin drop regularly so got sick of carrying pointy object around to lift it up,added a little piece of silicone tube to the pin & had no further issues.

AcmeFog
I've had my black chrome v5, for a couple of months now. No problems so far.

The vamo,s to me are just a great work horse,ss version will stay a nice finish
the chrome and black chrome,within time the finish will start to come off.
I have had a chrome one (shrunk version ) for 6 months ,use it all day ,every day and the finish is wearing off,through to the brass,and copper colours in parts,but just love it,my other on is ss and had that for 3-4 months,not a mark on it ,the pin problem is an easy fix
about 30 second with a pin or I use my syringe needle,just lift it up with it ,simple

Elux
Back
Top Bottom