Vape Club
What's new

Vaping reduces oxygen levels?

Status
Not open for further replies.

antwilk

Postman
Had my oxygen levels done the other day while I was at the hospital I was vaping not long before hand and scored a perfect 100 I was about 95 when I smoked anything below 90 and your on a mask.

Also my blood pressure as dropped to normal it was slightly high before.

So all is good after only 12 weeks vaping!

Smoore
I'm on a cpap machine for sleep apnoea, but my next checkup is not due till February, it will be interesting for me to see the results....by then I'll have been off the fags for five or six months.....

AcmeFog
as much as thats a great result. i think in all honesty you cant so much put it down to vaping being the cause as quitting the stinkies.. i dont think vaping has any magical medicinal properties but what it does do is get people off the harmful chemical filled smokes which can only be a good thing

Innokin
as much as thats a great result. i think in all honesty you cant so much put it down to vaping being the cause as quitting the stinkies.. i dont think vaping has any magical medicinal properties but what it does do is get people off the harmful chemical filled smokes which can only be a good thing

I don't think its a magical medicine. I do put it down to vaping though because I would still be smoking if I hadn't started vaping.

I don't think its a magical medicine. I do put it down to vaping though because I would still be smoking if I hadn't started vaping.

And your oxygen absorption levels when you were smoking were most likely a heck of a lot worse than now ;)

I still snicker a bit when people worry about what were doing now with 5 human approve use chemicals...but didnt really second guess the 4,000 in cigs.

Vape Green
And your oxygen absorption levels when you were smoking were most likely a heck of a lot worse than now ;)

I still snicker a bit when people worry about what were doing now with 5 human approve use chemicals...but didnt really second guess the 4,000 in cigs.

Yeah it always makes me laugh! People were quite happy chugging away on a ciggie but question vaping .

Just to add my bit...

I used two inhalers and wheezed like an old train. Out of breath by the time I preached the top of the stairs, and my legs ached if I walked briskly any decent distance. How long did all of that stop after I stopped smoking and switched to vaping? TWO WEEKS! :D

I stopped using my inhalers two days after starting smoking and haven't had a chest infection in two years. My oxygen saturations rarely ventured above 95% when smoking, now they are a constant 99%. The damage has obviously been done, given that I can't reach 100%, but my tidal volume is well up.

Its such a shame the arses that be can't listen to our experiences and apply common sense, but at least I know I am better off by a long mile, and am now considering getting a dog to kick start and maintain a daily exercise thang because I want to, and not because I feel I have to! :D

Elux
Daughter is doing a project for A-level which involves using a Peak Flow meter to measure lung capacity.

Before I kicked the fags, the best I could manage was 400L/min, which is somewhere near the equivalent of a healthy 90 year old.

Ten weeks since I started vaping, I can now blow 650L/min which equates to a 40 year old. Considering I'm 57, I'm not too displeased!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom