Vape Superstore
What's new

tried OHs NRT gum

Miss Pepper

Super Moderator
Staff member
ok. So here it is. Had a couple of bevvies tonight. As you do sometimes :) bern vaping now what four weeks or so? Anyhow. OH grabs his 2mg NRT gum, dont ask me which brand as i couldnt tell you and really CBA to pop down to grab the box to look now. Its neither here nor there anyway. So. I say gis a chew, curious to know how that tastes compared to vape.

Ive never done NRT gum before.

So i bite off what an 8th? Chew. Ok its minty. Chew a bit more. Its like plastic. Chew a bit more thr "nic" taste urgh my god i spat it into the bin.

I admit im not, nor never have been / never eill be a gum person. Jesus wept people chew this to give up the fags!?!

But i just cannot shift the taste. THEY want us to use that!?! Omg we cant let them get their way with banning vaping / making it medicine!

E-liquids.com
I tried lozenges once, was like a minty ashtray....ended up with ulcers. Tried Patches....shooting pains up and down my arm and a rash....tried vaping....no problems at all.....and they want to ban it.....idiots

AcmeFog
I tried gum once for a long haul flight. As soon as I started chewing I got a burning sensation in the back of my throat, so decided to get drunk on tiny cups of aeroplane booze instead!
Patches used to give me some crazy ass dreams (that's 'crazy-ass dreams' NOT 'crazy ass-dreams'!) ;)

I haven't got enough teeth left to chew gum,the patches failed as I was usually on about my 10th ciggy before their nic dose arrived yet the vaping,smoked the last of my baccy then went bed,next day fired up the vaper device & haven't thought about a ciggy since.

Innokin
@Stroudvaping we had some freaky dreams on the patches too....like a bad trip

I tried the gum,After a week my psoriasis (skin complaint similar to eczema) which for years had been confined to a few small patches on arms and legs,Was all over my face so much so that I didn't feel comfortable leaving the house.After about 4 months vaping it's no worse,If anything it is getting better :)

Vape Green
Took me 24 hours to finally lose the taste - interestingly enough when ive given up smoking before (cold turkey / herbal cigs) ive always dreamt of fags. This time i havent so my brain obviously isnt one of the brightest to realise im not smoking 4000 crapy / bad things :D

Yep I tried the gum once. It took some willpower to get used to it. Really disgusting! Still, I was ok on patches for a while and chewed the gum at the same time, but I always wanted to smoke nonetheless. Since I've been vaping, not once have I wanted a cigarette! don't even think about one and really don't like the smell of them anyway. It's really quite amazing to me how it has kept me off the stinkies. Someone who smokes cigarettes said he didn't want to try vaping as he was worried he would become more addicted to nicotine! I was quite surprised. how can you become More Adddicted? you either are or youre not! Maybe he meant more dependent? Well, I don't mind being dependent on my e-cig, but I don't have any withdrawal from it like I used to on cigarettes! So I think it's probably the other way round. Less addicted/dependent. Don't know if its like that for other people though. But it's so much better than any NRT I have ever tried!

Elux
OH has now been on the gum for 3yrs 2m. Thoughtvi took up vaping to quick cigs. Told him so many times im taking un less nic per day than he is and its cheaper!

Hechas tried my vapes a couple of times and wont do it coz he thinks its a step back and cant do it all the time like gum.

So we agree to disagree and i keep vaping :D

Back
Top Bottom