What's new

DNA 20 board

The DNA system lets anyone build Evolv’s revolutionary power regulated technology into their own products. The DNA 20D is a power regulated digital switch-mode DC-DC converter for personal vaporisers. It features controlled power from 7 to 20 watts, runs from a single lithium cell and includes protective features such as overcurrent, over and undervoltage protection and a thermal shutdown. It features a small OLED display, analog or digital user controls, onboard buttons and synchronous rectification for maximum battery life and minimal heat generation.

Vamo pcb
•Variable voltage: Adjust the voltage output from 3.0 to 6.0 volts in 0.1 volt increments.
•Variable wattage: Set the preferred wattage (from 3 to 15 watts) and the VAMO V2 will adjust the voltage automatically no matter what atomizer you use.
•RMS Out: RMS provides a more accurate voltage output.
•510 Threaded: Compatible with 510 atomizers, cartomizers, Vision Ego Clearomizer 2.0, eGo CE4 PLUS V2, Vision Vivi Nova Tanks, Smoktech DCTank and Kanger Clearomizer
•Can be used with single 18650, single 18350 or two 18350 (flat top)
•Atomizer resistance check
•Battery power check
Just a quick google. Im not a big fan or anything, it just seems the modders choice? The modders on here will be along shortly lol

Once you become accustomed to coil building,you can create a coil that gives you your desired heat output on a mech mod.Then it's simply your tastebuds tell you when the battery has discharged to the point of affecting the taste.

On such as the Vamo PCB,or DNA20 boards,they have a range of additional features to give you your desired output constantly until the battery cannot supply enough power,it also protects the battery from reverse polarity/over discharge/and other safety aspects.

The DNA20 is a dam good board to build with,as it goes to 20 watts V the Vamos 15 and is more easily obtained than a Vamo board.I intended buying a DNA20 board to build my own box mod,but didn't as the price I saw for the DNA was more than the price of a complete Vamo.I might still buy the DNA20 eventually though,once I've confirmed that it will fire a coil under 1 ohm...if it doesn't,then I can see no use for it in my collection(meagre)of vaping gear.

Thank you Chegs I was about to do some research on the DNA20 board this weekend you gave all the info I was going to look for

This is the datasheet for the DNA20 PCB, currently researching this to incorporate in a mod :)
View attachment dna20.pdf
However because of the extra safety features compared to a Vamo PCB I will be using LiPo batteries to save on space too ;)

Only draw back is the cost of the component parts - £45'ish for the DNA20, £25 for LiPo batteries, USB charger module and cable, then the cost of the other materials - buttons, 510 connector etc
Luckily my OH has a supply of nice hard woods, but if I was to buy this??
It will be an expensive little project :D

I've just drilled a hole in an old 60watt lightbulb and fitted a dimmer switch in situ.

ok jesting, and not really adding to the topic at hand. The dna20 is a true "next gen" chip, but the price is off putting, as Gilliandrea mentioned

The dna20 is a true "next gen" chip, but the price is off putting, as @Gilliandrea mentioned

That is indeed the case Vern, but like I mentioned in another thread, if things were to go our way with regards to vaping, manufacturers will start churning out products. No doubt they have already got things in the prototype stage already, what is next gen now won`t be in 6 months time.

Back
Top Bottom