Innokin
What's new

Review Sentinel M16 Clone

All brass M16 & V3 both cheap as chips but built to last imo, fantastic bits of kit

Last edited:
Smoore
My FT M16 is knackered after 2 weeks use, thread has gone in the top section, I did get the aluminium version though,

Daz

AcmeFog
Thanks for this review Vern Like Ninja I also ordered the m16 and awaiting delivery whenever they decide. I am loving the patina on the Brass, that is how Brass should be in my eyes. Easy enough to buff it back up at any time. Surprised that you never gave it a toke for to see the "Hits like a train" blah blah, but I suppose that all depends on your tank and set up anyway or, does the tight connection of the battery teamed with a good button produce a more constant current resulting in the delivery?

Thanks for this review @Vern Like Ninja I also ordered the m16 and awaiting delivery whenever they decide. I am loving the patina on the Brass, that is how Brass should be in my eyes. Easy enough to buff it back up at any time. Surprised that you never gave it a toke for to see the "Hits like a train" blah blah, but I suppose that all depends on your tank and set up anyway or, does the tight connection of the battery teamed with a good button produce a more constant current resulting in the delivery?
ah, I watch reviews every night...this may not sit well with others but I have seen people blow massive clouds, then used the same equipment and gotten rubbish vapour, junk taste and so on.
That part, to me, is too easily faked..too many inconsistencies. So I generally dont ever *use* the mods on the review, I talk about the price, the quality, how it feels, what gap it may fill.

I can sit here with a nemesis and make small clouds, or use a m11 ($6 mod and an evod), pump it full of vg and make the room foggy. So I'm hoping the viewers will take that into consideration. The amount of vapour is too easily faked, too much dependant on lighting etc when filming. So I view it as a suspect thing....if I blow vapour at the camera it looks amazing on film, but in real life it isnt. So it would be unfair to use that as a measure, as I can easily make one look worse or better than another

Also, and especially with mech mods, the differences are so small that most of the time it is only measurable. You cant tell it. If someone says "OMG!!!111 this one is so much better" me personally I immediately question what they are trying to make me believe. With us humans, when we buy something new, or like something, we *want* it to be better so....yeah...errr..:-)

I've got lots of vaping gear here, and apart form a small few items (either exceptional or mundane), the rest are within 5% of each other, so close that it makes not one difference what I pick up at any one time to vape on. What does matter (to me), is how much it cost, how long will it last, how heavy it is...is it poor or well built.? Those items are what I cant fathom from an online picture listing, hence my reviews are the way they are.

If it doesnt work, I will point it out. If I dont mention anything, then it means it is as good as the next one (vapour production etc), but ultimately it all depends on YOUR juice, YOUR coil and so on.

edit: just thinking back...this is the first review where I even mentioned anything about the vapour production

Last edited:
Innokin
A big plus 1 for the brass M16.

Started to get the occasional misfire but stripped it and cleaned up all the threads - including those in the switch - and it's back to working.

The only downside to this mod is that sometimes it just bloody hums and my hand stinks...not metallic, something far more rancid. That's usually the cue to start polishing again.

This isn't a mod beginners ought to get, it's a mod they must get. For the money it's a no-brainer.

Vape Green
what I have caught myself doing is rubbing my thumb on the join between top part and middle part while holding the mod deep in thought, and you lose some skin like that (small minute bits) which then go into the threads.
When I get the time I will chamfer the edges a bit, to stop that habit. Mine doesnt stink, but any dirt on it, seems to come from that habit

When I die, and I will die, and somebody goes through my toolbox years later in the loft, they will find an M16 brass mech mod in working condition. Of that I am sure

what I have caught myself doing is rubbing my thumb on the join between top part and middle part while holding the mod deep in thought, and you lose some skin like that (small minute bits) which then go into the threads.
When I get the time I will chamfer the edges a bit, to stop that habit. Mine doesnt stink, but any dirt on it, seems to come from that habit

When I die, and I will die, and somebody goes through my toolbox years later in the loft, they will find an M16 brass mech mod in working condition. Of that I am sure

Here here to that( in 18350 mode smooth as a babies bum)

Elux
A big plus 1 for the brass M16.

Started to get the occasional misfire but stripped it and cleaned up all the threads - including those in the switch - and it's back to working.

The only downside to this mod is that sometimes it just bloody hums and my hand stinks...not metallic, something far more rancid. That's usually the cue to start polishing again.

This isn't a mod beginners ought to get, it's a mod they must get. For the money it's a no-brainer.

I find the crap gets in behind the switch but like you say a quick fix, plus mine had a polish an clean when I first got not been touched since and no smell just a lovely used look

Back
Top Bottom