What's new

Review Hcigar Kylin Mech Mod

AndyC1971

Veteran
This is a personal review of a product I received free of charge. The opinions expressed here represent my own and not those of this website, planetofthevapes.co.uk

Introduction

http://vapegeek.co.uk/Hcigar-Kylin-38.htm

After seeing that @Vape Geek, had a boat load of new gear from Hcigar, I toddled off to their site, and ordered a Kraken clone. Enough of that for the moment, I will let @Mawsley review that, and will add my own comments, because I am just....well, lazy :D

I was contacted by Nat, and asked if I would do an honest review on the Kylin, to which I agreed.

I got home from work, to find my package on the floor, and upon opening, I was confronted with this: -

IMG_0150.jpg

What surprised me, is not only was there a mod, but also a AW 18490 battery, large eGo case and a battery charger. Admittedly not the best battery charger in the world, and wouldnt get used, but takes the kit from being very well priced, to crazy value!

Now the Mod, is quite dinky, and I will be using a Panasonic 18650 battery for the purpose of the review.

IMG_0133.jpg

Now I am aware the Clone conversation has been done more times that Kerry Katona, and aware that this bears a resemblance to a Pisces mod, but that is where this finishes, as it is named different and the Logos are NOT the same, so this should keep the clone police, well and truly happy, so Kudos to Hcigar :)

IMG_0136.jpg

First thing I noticed when disassembling this mod is the silky smooth threading, and the reverse locking ring, is very well manufactured.

IMG_0137.jpg

The firing button is really nice and smooth, albeit very soft. If not locked, this will fire if stood up. In the 2 hours that I have used this product, I have not had one misfire. The cap does not have an adjustable centre pin, and I have found that most of my atties, fit perfectly, but Mawsleys IGO did leave about a 1mm gap, and the Protank gets a reasonable draw due to the grooves on the top cap.

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0139.jpg

I had to get Mawsleys IGO in on the act, as I didnt get to send it off today!

Now, I have googled about the Kylin, and one concern seems to be voltage drop, and this really doesnt bother me, as I use a battery, when it goes low, I replace and repeat the process, and I dont go sub ohm, but for the fairness of the review, I decided to check the voltage drop using a multimeter, results are as follows: -

Battery 4.22volts
Mod 4.18volts

So there you go, pretty impressive 0.04volt drop!

Conclusions

Good

Really well made
Excellent firing button
Looks nice
Small Voltage Drop
Works with a Kick
In my eyes not a clone
Excellent Value for Money

Bad

As I received it free of charge, I do have to give it away :(, which means I have to buy one, which I will do, but for a couple of days I will use it, then watch out for a comp :)
Finger Print Magnet
I do not think Vape Geek has really made clear the fact that you get a AW 18490 battery (Not 18350 ;) ), a nice practical case, and a charger, included in the Price!

A good all-round mod, buy one you wont be disappointed, and if you dont agree with clones, fill your boots, because it isnt, simple!

Last edited:
Great review Andy, thanks for that!
I like the look of this mod, I was nodding along with all the points you made until you got to fact that you can't adjust the centre pin.
That's a deal-breaker for me, my OCD cannot abide any kind of gaps!
For the non-insane people out there I'm sure this would be an excellent choice.

Nice.. Centre pin not being adjustable is a killer!

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

I don't know about not making it clear, they actually say The little Kylin comes with 18350 battery and a battery charger on the ad.

as a fan of 18350 sized stuff, the 18490 could upset people if that's the norm. Especially for those who may use the same battery in other mods.

I don't know about not making it clear, they actually say The little Kylin comes with 18350 battery and a battery charger on the ad.

as a fan of 18350 sized stuff, the 18490 could upset people if that's the norm. Especially for those who may use the same battery in other mods.

Worded slightly incorrectly by me, what I meant is I would be shouting from the rooptops, that the battery is an AW, and the case is a good size and will be very handy. As for the 18350 battery, I am more than happy to swap a brand new 18350 AW battery to anyone who wants to send me their 18490 that comes in this kit! :D

Good work fella - it'll be interesting to see how the FT no-logo job stacks up as it should be with me later this week.

does this kylin work as an 18350 mode device? i.e. does it go small enough? and are you 100% about the pin not being adjustable (i know it isnt user adjustable, but I have a clone here that has floating pin)
I saw vapegeek mention 18350, and I was going to buy one as the clone FT doesnt do 18350. So if this can be clarified pretty please Andy
also dont want to be picking holes but did you mention voltage drop under load, or just more of a measure of the resistance of the tubes?

Ok
i have to fix the battery...number issue asap
thanks for the heads up Andy

does this kylin work as an 18350 mode device? i.e. does it go small enough? and are you 100% about the pin not being adjustable (i know it isnt user adjustable, but I have a clone here that has floating pin)
I saw vapegeek mention 18350, and I was going to buy one as the clone FT doesnt do 18350. So if this can be clarified pretty please Andy
also dont want to be picking holes but did you mention voltage drop under load, or just more of a measure of the resistance of the tubes?

This one doesnt do a 18350 either, sorry! The lowest I can go is 18490 or 18350 with a kick :(

Back
Top Bottom