What's new

Very Important!! Please read, Ecigs and the EU are going to go head to head AGAIN!

I have just been informed of the following by a friend of mine, I could interigate him I suppose but has he went to the Brussels meeting to make representation, I wont call him a liar.

" Another bit of news coming out of the ecig summit is that Prof Peter Hajek is planning a London-based study of the use of "3rd generation" Ecigs (ie mods and RBAs etc). He's going to be looking for Vapers and/or smokers in the London area. PH is a big name in the smoking cessation industry. He's been referred to as the Godfather of NRT, although he's against med regs for Ecigs. "

I think we have reached a point where mobilisation of vapers is needed. I don't want to see us out there demonstrating when the deal is all but signed and it's too late.

We need to be visible and militant NOW - and raise awareness of what this means to real people while we still have time to influence people's opinions.

I think we have reached a point where mobilisation of vapers is needed. I don't want to see us out there demonstrating when the deal is all but signed and it's too late.

We need to be visible and militant NOW - and raise awareness of what this means to real people while we still have time to influence people's opinions.

Exactly! We've been doing nothing as this moves through trilogue and we're almost out of time. There have already been two trilogue meetings and I think the last one is planned for the beginning of next month, then back to plenary and we're too late, second readings just don't happen, they make sure that whatever compromises are made will be accepted. We all should have returned to earnest campaigning within a couple of days of the plenary because that was just the beginning, nit celebrate that our ecigs are safe because of the EU Parliament. The EU has three governing bodies and they have to agree. We persuaded the parliament but the undemocratic Commission and the Council of Ministers (usually junior ones) had both said they wanted medicalization. In the UK both Labour and Conservative are pro-medicalization (tail wagging the dog for the government?), UKIP can't be relied on because they voted for medicalization as well as the compromise 170 and if 71 had passed 170 would have been scrapped. In the EU it seems only the Lib0-Dems support us as a party and we need EPP. That means action throughout Europe as the largest grouping, EPP, has no UK members. We must fight and fight now or we will lose vaping as we know it.

Here is what my MEP said:

Dear Mr. Barton,

Thank you for your email, please note that I also respond on behalf of Malcolm Harbour MEP and Anthea McIntyre MEP. I understand that this suggestion has come from the European commission proposal in a process known as trilogue. In order for these proposals to be approved into law the Parliament would have to agree to them. This would be extremely unlikely to happen given the position taken by Parliament on this just a couple of months ago. However, I can assure you that Conservative MEPs, who are involved in the negotiations, are staunch defenders of e-cigarettes.

Thank you again for contacting us I hope that you find this response re-assuring.

Yours sincerely

Philip Bradbourn MEP

its just an absolute lack of intelligence that the eu seems to exhibit time and time again they want to remove civil liberties what was it edgar friendly said in demolition man - You see, according to Cocteau's plan... I'm the enemy, 'cause I like to think; I like to read. I'm into freedom of speech and freedom of choice. I'm the kind of guy likes who likes to sit in a greasy spoon and wonder - "Gee, should I have the T-bone steak or the jumbo rack of barbecued ribs with the side order of gravy fries?" I want high cholesterol. I wanna eat bacon and butter and BUCKETS of cheese, okay? I want to smoke a Cuban cigar the size of Cincinnati in the non-smoking section. I want to run through the streets naked with green Jell-O all over my body reading Playboy magazine. Why? Because I suddenly might feel the need to, okay, pal? I've SEEN the future. Do you know what it is? It's a 47-year-old virgin sitting around in his beige pajamas, drinking a banana-broccoli shake, singing "I'm an Oscar Meyer Wiener

Back
Top Bottom