What's new

Mods Dovpo x Across Pumper community Review

Never used a squonker before but I think this device could be my preferred option when I take the plunge.
Thanks for the review and to the testers.

I'll add to this, as a user with no mech experience, this is a great device started with thanks to its built in protections. Absolutely no risk of a battery going nuclear on you.

I've tried 2 RDA's on the Pumper sent to me and found the following:
Dead Rabbit 3, 2x 0.62 Ni80 coils, at 0.3 ohms. Nice vape from it, and works out at 52W when i tried to get the same vape on a regulated mod.
Profile, 0.13 Mesh, Instant flavour, and damn good vape. Equivalent to about 60-65w on a regulated mod.

Power is definitely being throttled, I should have experienced a lung burning inhale on the Profile with a freshly charged battery, but got the same excellent vape as everyone else.

For anyone wanting to dabble with a mech squonker for the first time, this is a great bit of kit. Of course you'll still need to ensure you are familiar with ohms law and still work within your battery limits, but at least the protections will ensure you don't hurt yourself in the process.

Thumbs up from me!

Both Temps are a bit high for me but i suppose i could put a build in that's more suited to lower wattage, thinking about it though i think i would miss the screen, there was another squonk pumper mod that's similar but had a screen but can't remember the name of it. It will come to me eventually lol.

Been using mine for a few hours now and I very much like it. I pretty much only use regulated squonkers these days and had my reservations about this one, mostly the battery being exposed and that there being no suck back, neither are bothering me though and I got used to the pump almost instantly. As others have said it's def a bit low on the power, stuck a single alien on it initially and it was a good deal off what I was expecting, so I put the profile 1.5 on with a 0.2 nexMesh Clapton (0.17) and it's vaping beautifully, again much less power than I would have expected for a MOSFET though.

But yeah really nice device, really nicely made. It is very niche so hard to actually 'recommend it' but i personally like it a lot.

Last edited:
It is very niche so hard to actually 'recommend it' but i personally like it a lot.

This seems to be the story with most, if not all of the people who have tried this device. It's actually rather good...

This seems to be the story with most, if not all of the people who have tried this device. It's actually rather good...

Yeah it's one of those where the guys into mech squonkers might find it a bit weak, and the guys new to squonking would be better off with something like the Pulse V2 but it's perfect for the in-betweeners of those 2 groups. But yeah it's a really nice device, almost the exact same size as the Pulse V2 aswell (with nicer ergonomics) which is nice, gonna be a good one for out and about.

Yeah it's one of those where the guys into mech squonkers might find it a bit weak, and the guys new to squonking would be better off with something like the Pulse V2 but it's perfect for the in-betweeners of those 2 groups. But yeah it's a really nice device, almost the exact same size as the Pulse V2 aswell (with nicer ergonomics) which is nice, gonna be a good one for out and about.

I had never used a squonk, nor a mech/semi mech. Converted me :)

Back
Top Bottom