What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

5mg strength - any good manufacturers?

I find all freebase nic juices of 6mg and higher to be painful to vape.

I have a few MTL tanks that don't do it for me in MTL mode that I like as RDL vapes. Unfortunately 10mg makes me nic sick and 3mg isn't enough for me in a RDL vape. I bought a similar flavour 50ml 0mg shortfill and 2 10ml 20mg nic salt juices to get juice somewhere in the 5 to 6mg when mixed together. This worked well for me, but I like basic fruit flavours and will quite happily mix 2 different fruit juices and haven't had problems with the resulting flavour. It may be worth trying again - but make sure you don't use Freebase MTL juices, if you've habitually vaped Nic Salts then Freebase can be as harsh AF, the last time I tried vaping 6mg Freebase I had a sore throat for 5 days.

There are 50/50 shortfills available which would make life easier for an MTL pod system but you'll probably have to do a search to find them as they can still be thin on the ground.

Nasty only do 70/30 shortfills which (to my very limited knowledge) isn't pod-friendly. In fact, it's hard to get 50/50 shortfills from anyone!
@DeeDee aka (Pod Queen) to my rescue again!
What PG/VG ratios are you buying in the 20ml shortfills? I assume that's pod use?

Hey, was watching a film and haven't checked my phone. 60/40
https://legioxvape.com/collections/20ml-shortfill

As i said ive limited knowledge on eliquid ratio and mixing. Im all about ease. Haha

Nasty only do 70/30 shortfills which (to my very limited knowledge) isn't pod-friendly. In fact, it's hard to get 50/50 shortfills from anyone!
@DeeDee aka (Pod Queen) to my rescue again!
What PG/VG ratios are you buying in the 20ml shortfills? I assume that's pod use?
If your buying a shortfill with a ratio of 70vg 30 pg, adding pg based nic shots will bring your overall vg/pg ratio closer to a 50 /50 mix.

Also while 50/50 is recommend for pods, there are a lot of pods that will perform just as well with a 60/40 ratio and some even 70/30.

If you want to know exactly what the ratio of a shortfill is after adding nic shots then do a google search for:
Calculating PG/VG ratios after adding nic shots to a shortfill. It will explain and detail, with examples how to calculate it.
If your still not sure then let me know and I will work it out for you.

any 60vg juice is fine in pods. The best bet would be to get some nicotine of your own, easy to find, and then just use shortfills, pop 3.5 ish ml of nic and some pg/vg if you want into a shortfill and away you go

Last edited:
@dobbs59

Just realised Nexus juices come in 5mg, just using some now i found in my stash

They are made by Pod Salt. I done a review on the complete range last year. They are very good

Thanks all. I found some by ULTD, also aware that Element make 5mg too which I shall order next (they do a lemonade, I love lemonade!)

Thanks all. I found some by ULTD, also aware that Element make 5mg too which I shall order next (they do a lemonade, I love lemonade!)
Dispergo also do 5mg strength on all their branded salts, this link should just show the dispergo liquids then run down the list and you will see multiple salts, available in 5, 10 and 20mg, POTV20 gets you 20% too on top of the 3 for £10 or 3 for £12

https://dispergo.co.uk/product-category/eliquids/dsg/

Back
Top Bottom