What's new

Innokin Surge Pod Kit

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Roll up... Roll up

Hello my fellow vapers today we have a kit from Innokin and its the Surge Pod Kit. This was very kindly sent to me from our own @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen) and being reviewed for @Innokin directly.

As always this review is my own thoughts and not associated with anyone from innokin or POTV. Nor have I been paid for my thoughts.

Abit about the kit....

This new pod kit from innokin is something never seen or very rarely been produced and that Is the fact that the pods have no coils. Instead putting it simply, the pod vibrates at 3 million times per second to evaporate the eliquid In order for you to vape it. Let's crack on and see how this compares to a normal pod kit.

The kit comes with 1 pod but innokin/ dee kindly sent a selection of 4 pod flavours over to test.

The kit comes in 5 colour options, 2 gradients and 3 solids and I am reviewing the sunset pink.

Surge-Express-Kit-700mAh-Ecigstore.jpg

Whats in the box....

• 1x Surge Battery Mod

• 1x 1.8mL Surge Pod (Polar Mint - 18 mg/mL Nicotine)

• 1x USB Type-C Charging Cable

• 1x Quick Start Guide

• 1x Ultrasonic Info leaflet

20220422_170518.jpg

Specs...

• 112 * 21 * 13 mm Dimensions

• Internal 700 mAh Battery

• Non-refillable Prefilled Pods

• Ultrasonic Heating Technology (no coil)

• Auto-draw Activation

Innokin Surge Express_Banner1.jpeg.jpg

Mod....

From the very beginning your notice just how little there is to this device making it a very simplistic bit of kit, appealing to those trying to quit smoking or as a better alternative to disposable vapes.

Made from a lightweight alloy it has nicely curved edges. Inside you have a 700Mah battery which is charged via USB type C. It has no buttons just a small Surge logo which lights up as a charger and battery indicator.

I've found it takes around 30/45 to fully charge and I've been getting a full day out of a full charge.

There is no adjustable airflow etc its just determined by one singular pin hole on the side of the mod part.

The led light indicator shows 1 colours:

White- above 20%
Red- below 20%

Safety features of the Surge Ultrasonic Vape include:

• Overtime Protection (5 seconds)

• Low Battery Voltage Protection

My main concern for the mod part of this kit Is how hot it gets when charging but also when vaping on it. Its uncomfortable to hold at times and feels on the edge of dangerous.

There isn't much else to say about the mod part as all the unique technology is within the pod part.

Pods.....

The kit comes with 1 pre filled pod which is the flavour Polar Mint. There are others available for a separate purchuse which innokin kindly sent some off and these are :

Rich Tobacco
Smooth Tobacco
Green Mint

20220422_165755.jpg

The Pods are Prefilled 18mg strength eliquid. Each pod comes in a coil type packaging, they come with 2 rubber bungs, 1 in the top and one covering the bottom.

16537227214237441973314643945286.jpg

These pods contain 1.8ml of eliquid, are made from a dark tinted plastic which I've found a little difficult to see through at times so holding then up to the light allows you see easier. Being an all In one pod it's a duckstyle mouthpiece and once finished with you dispose of correctly.

Unfortunately I have found a few times the autodraw function doesn't work straight away or as quick as other pod systems but when it does work its very good.

Your notice one big difference with these pods compared to your normal pod devices and that is there's no coil resistance on the side and that's simply because there's no coil in there.

Instead innokin have integrated an Ultrasonic device inside which vibrates the eliquid at a very high speed to produce the vapour. This claims to operate at a low temperature and stop as many toxins by not heating the metal coil to produce Vapour.

Innokin were kind enough to send us a range of flavours of which I've tried then all and one thing I can say is the menthol flavours are very minty and the tobbaco rather strong.

Polar Mint...

This is the one pod you get with the kit so I tried it first, you get rid of the 2 rubber bungs and simply insert the pod into the mod. Straight away you can smell the Mint out of this, on the first inhale it was almost like brain freeze. This flavour is certainly extremely punchy and cold so if that's what you're into you will love this pod.

16537228511868334775902691477859.jpg

Green Mint...

This was a little less powerful on the Mint but its still very much there this is almost spearmint type vape, I quite enjoyed this one. This flavour lingered around and I found even after a few minutes if I breathed in I could still feel the coolness in my throat.

16537228869645500235112186657537.jpg

Rich Tobacco...

This one surprised me I'm not a great fan of tobacco flavours but this did give me an almost smoking type taste when vaping. I did however on the first drag get quite abit of liquid out of the pod into my mouth which wasn't pleasant at all. If you're trying to quit or cut down I could see this flavour working well.

16537229192936170825778700738881.jpg

Smooth Tobacco..

This is a much stronger tasting tobbaco and if I'm totally honest one I didn't enjoy as much as the rich Tobacco if at all. People who vape Tobacco eliquid or looking to quit would probably enjoy this flavour but for me it was to strong and earthy.

16537229446015215177076645540343.jpg

Overall flavours...

It may sound like I've not enjoyed these flavours and that's not fully the case I can see a point for all 4. The mint/menthol ones If you like strong powerful menthol flavours then these would work perfectly for you. On the other hand if you like rich strong Tobacco eliquids then these will be perfectly. Unfortunately for me the other flavours in the range being the blueberry and watermelon ice I feel would suit my eliquid preferences better.

Pros and Niggles...

Pros...

• Better alternative to a disposable
• Decent battery life
• Eliquid lasts a good time
• Quick charging
• New technology

Niggles...

• Very strong menthol flavours
• Strong tobbaco
• Autodraw isn't always very fast
• Mod gets very hot when vaping and charging
• Pre filled pods only

Overall thoughts...

Overall I can see an argument for both on this kit. Depending on your flavour preferences this will either be perfect or a nightmare for you.

The amount of pod flavours available is decent and the fact the eliquid lasts a long time In each pod is a massive pro.

The battery lasts a good day depending on how much you vape and charging is quick and supports pass through.

I would reccomend this to people looking to quit cigarettes or people who are after a strong flavour pod kit with no fuss when using.

Unfortunately mine appears to get very hot when vaping a long period or charging and also my autodraw system doesn't always fire straight away but from other reviews i may just be unlucky on this situation.

Thank you once again @Innokin and @DeeDee aka (Pod Queen) for giving me this opportunity and thank you for reading my review

Sam
Screenshot_20210209-201701_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thanks for the honest review mate. Sounds like it could with a bit more tweaking but has big potential.

Thank you Dam for taking this one on for me, none of the flavours are for me and therefore i didn't think it was fair to innokin or the reader to try and review it.

Good job, very honest review and fair.

Thank you

Good honest review thanks for sharing it, good to see a different idea’s coming through. The flavours are not suited to a very wide market perhaps in time @Innokin will come up with better flavours or even make an open pod so it can be filled with the user’s choice of eliquid.

Thank you for all your comments glad you enjoyed it agree with all comments this could be quality qith more time saying that if profiles fit your taste its decent

The technology is interesting but being a closed pod system who knows how long it lasts compared to coils as after using 1.8ml of juice you bin it. The battery is dirt cheap at £2.99 but a pod is £4!

Hi @Sam Andrews, thank you for sharing such sincere and honest review with us:clapping:, we'll definitely take those cons you've mentioned into consideration and keep moving forward!

Back
Top Bottom