What's new

Newbie advice needed

ryad83

Initiate
Hello??

Some kind folks in my intro asked what issues I've had in the past so thought I would make a thread here.

I've got a SMOK Mag Kit 225W. The battery plate on the bottom of the mag was falling out cos 3 of the four torx screws holding it in place were missing. I just took out one torx screw from a non-critical place elsewhere and put it in the bottom at a diagonal to the remaining one and that seems to have done the trick. Will of course keep an eye on it.

The kit itself is now operating again as good as when I first bought it! so I'm back in the game :)

Anyway, I'm wondering what configuration tips you lovely folk can give me. I prefer to have really big clouds with full flavour and no harshness on the throat. So any tips please keep that in mind.

- I'm using a Mesh coil in my TFV12 Prince tank and just leave it on 80w and toke away. Is there any settings I can change to improve my experience?

- any recommendations for good places to buy good but cheap coils?

- what sites are good for e-liquids? I would usually only pay £8 for 50ml and £15 for 100ml so looking for good value. Also, I prefer higher PG as well and 2% nicotine.

- tips on making coils last longer (aside from smoking less and turning the wattage down). I knew a guy who would use cotton buds down the hole to clean out mess. He said his coils lasted longer and flavour would stay purer for longer too.

- I've also got a Vaporesso Gen mod that just came in the post (thank you Cloud Vapors!)

Many thanks to you all.

ryad83

You need to break the mindset...

dadjokes-good.gif

Hello??

Some kind folks in my intro asked what issues I've had in the past so thought I would make a thread here.

I've got a SMOK Mag Kit 225W. The battery plate on the bottom of the mag was falling out cos 3 of the four torx screws holding it in place were missing. I just took out one torx screw from a non-critical place elsewhere and put it in the bottom at a diagonal to the remaining one and that seems to have done the trick. Will of course keep an eye on it.

The kit itself is now operating again as good as when I first bought it! so I'm back in the game :)

Anyway, I'm wondering what configuration tips you lovely folk can give me. I prefer to have really big clouds with full flavour and no harshness on the throat. So any tips please keep that in mind.

- I'm using a Mesh coil in my TFV12 Prince tank and just leave it on 80w and toke away. Is there any settings I can change to improve my experience?

- any recommendations for good places to buy good but cheap coils?

- what sites are good for e-liquids? I would usually only pay £8 for 50ml and £15 for 100ml so looking for good value. Also, I prefer higher PG as well and 2% nicotine.

- tips on making coils last longer (aside from smoking less and turning the wattage down). I knew a guy who would use cotton buds down the hole to clean out mess. He said his coils lasted longer and flavour would stay purer for longer too.

- I've also got a Vaporesso Gen mod that just came in the post (thank you Cloud Vapors!)

Many thanks to you all.

ryad83
Lose the mag, just use the gen, lol
The tfv12 prince coils last forever but they are horrible coils. I have joked that the reason they last so long is that they r so harsh u cant tell when they go bad.

That being said, the newer full suze smok tanks (i forget what they r, the 25, 26 mm tanks) use nexmesh which u will notice a huge difference.

Freemax uses tea tree cotton in their coils which u may or may not get along with (it simulates a little bit of a throat hit), but their big mesh tanks are cloud makers as well

The kremhilde 2 from vapefly is a mid size coil, doesnt last as long, but still pretty long, but puts out about the same amount of vapor.

Off the top off my head (since u r a smok fan)
Full size
Smok -tfv16/18
Uwell valaryian 3
Freemax mesh m(they have a few varieties)

Mid size
Vaporesso nrg tanks with gt coils
Vapefly ka1 coil tanks (kremhilde 2 as well as a few other new tanks, they also have a cpl other coil lines as well)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom