What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Disposable Vapes .. And why we say no ...

I had a couple of failed attempts to use ecigs to either replace smoking, or to use in places where smoking wasn't allowed, back in the days before I finally converted for good.

I found this hiding at the back of one of my drawers. I present one of the top selling ecigs of 2013, netting the company $90 million that year..

IMG_20220522_181458.jpg

And it's a disposable..
IMG_20220522_181601.jpg

I started vaping on a disposable 9 years ago it was an E-light the battery was not disposable but the part with the juice was, move on 10 years and it's a full circle

I have to look at it in one of two ways

A. every person off fags is a life saved

B. people who use disposables need slapping with a large wet fish until they plead for mercy

I like B. more mainly down to waste, the thing is the disposables are just filling the world with plastic crap they lasts for days and you throw it away, we are a max everything, max oil consumption, max energy consumption, max food consumption, there is no more oil to be pumped out the ground but how can you tell the average member of the public that this needs to come from people who control the market, but at expo in a weeks time that I want to go to it will be wall to wall plastic crap

the change will come when people stop buying but that won't happen.

example

I had a good friend (he passed away a couple of years ago) who was an advisor to the USA in Vietnam, they wanted to help the people so they thought one good way was to invest in irrigation. Vietnamese used water wheels made from bamboo to irrigate the fields and did so for 100s of years so they gave the farmers diesel-powered pumps, 100ft of hose, and cans of diesel to speed up the process. it worked for a week until a USA serviceman stopped and told the farmer to wash off his jeep, before long there was a line of jeeps and trucks being washed off for a few dollars each more money the farmer earned in a day than for the whole year from farming....the water wheel just kept turning as it did before but the convenience and money the shiny pumps gave surpassed anything the farmer could hope for...

Back
Top Bottom