What's new

Cthulhu AIO Door Panels making...

SouthernChap

Postman
I'm thinking of making some panels out of some walnut sheet I have.

It all looks pretty straightforward but the only thing I'm concerned with is the level of moisture. AIO's have a lot of condensation obvs.

Now normally I'd just treat the wood but I'll be breathing in through the slots in the door and the door on the side of the boro tank will be getting some heat (although I'm an MTL vaper so I'm only vaping at around 15 watts).

What do you chaps think?

The wood will soak up the sweat and that from your hands so I can't see condensation being that bad and after using mods like the bb and now a pulse aio there isn't as much condensation as people say they have. the worst part will be if the boro leaks juice and then the door will be covered and soaked up wat it can before you wipe it down

The wood will soak up the sweat and that from your hands so I can't see condensation being that bad and after using mods like the bb and now a pulse aio there isn't as much condensation as people say they have. the worst part will be if the boro leaks juice and then the door will be covered and soaked up wat it can before you wipe it down

So you reckon I could get away with no treatment of the wood then?

I was thinking about something like natural beeswax, maybe I could just do the outer surfaces?

So you reckon I could get away with no treatment of the wood then?

I was thinking about something like natural beeswax, maybe I could just do the outer surfaces?

Nothing wrong with using something like beeswax or Howard's wax I think its called most people with a wood mod use a wax to stop it drying out and cracking

Just out of interest how thick are the doors?
The sheets I have are between 4 and 5mm thick. I'll need to inlet for the battery but I won't bother with the tricksy airflow inletting on the tank side. a slots in the right place should do the trick I blocked off the notch in the bottom of the mod to see if it made a difference to draw and it was negligible.

@SouthernChap , did you get any further with this ? , I should get a Cthulhu AIO delivered today & plan to have a go at making some doors too , postie has just come now while in the middle of typing this

Back
Top Bottom