What's new

Sub Ohm Vaporesso iTank

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Roll up... Roll up

Hello my fellow vapers today we have a tank from vaporesso The Itank . This was very kindly sent to me from @Vaporesso themselves for testing.

As always this review is my own thoughts and not associated with anyone from vaporesso or POTV. Nor have I been paid for my thoughts.

Abit about the tank...

This is the newest addition to the tank range of vaporesso, its sold separately or as part of the newest vaporesso target 200 kit. The tank holds a massive 8ml or 5ml(2ml tpd). I was lucky enough to get the 8ml.

It comes in 4 colours, black, silver, gunmetal and rainbow. I received the gunmetal version.

20211122_182108.jpg

What's in the box...

• 1 x VAPORESSO iTANK(8ml)
• 1 x GTi 0.2Ω MESH Coil(60-75W)
• 1 x GTi 0.4Ω MESH Coil(50-60W)
• 1 x Extra Glass Tube
• 3 x O-ring

Specs...

• Tank capacity - 2ml

• Coil compatibility - Vaporesso GTi

• Coil resistance - 0.2ohm mesh / 0.4ohm mesh

20211122_181539.jpg

The Tank...

The main thing I noticed first was the build quality of this tank if has a nice weight to it and it looks a perfect finish. My came pre installed with the 8ml bubble glass and its the first time I've had a glass tank this big and it does look massive compared to a normal tank.

It is easily disassembled for cleaning with all parts coming away to make sure nothing gets missed.

It features a push slide cap filling method "vaporesso" is etched into the tank which signals where to push to open it up, his reveals a filling port which is covered by a silicone bung to prevent leaking issues.

IMG-20211210-WA0004.jpg

The main issue I had with this was when using 100ml bottles to fill up as there wasn't enough space between the filling port and drip tip. Removing the drip tip each time to fill does the trick although I feel a quarter turn top cap to fill may have been easier and better.

That takes me on to the drip tip which is a 510 base with a 810 wide bore at top. It's also fitted in without O rings and to me seems to be a very thin plastic something over time I could see wearing away abit and becoming loose. I would have preferred a standard 810 drip tip.

IMG-20211210-WA0007.jpg

The coils...

Vaporesso provide you with 2 coils with this tank and they're from the new GTi range they're a 0.2ohm (60-75W) and 0.4ohm (50-60W).

The coils are a push fit coil which fit nicely into the bottom of the tank at first these can be abit difficult to get out as there's not much room to get under the coil but a flat head screwdriver or tweezer do the job, although once juiced it does ease up abit.

IMG-20211210-WA0006.jpg

Vaporesso have made there coils in a different way to some where by you can see straight through the bore of the coil from the base, they claim this gives the coil smoother airflow and better flavour.

0.2ohm..

I Started with this coil which comes pre installed and worked my way up the wattage I found my sweet spot to be 68/70W this gave brilliant flavour its quite an open airy vape but the flavour is brilliant I closed the airflow of just over a quarter and this worked well for me.

0.4ohm...

I primed and slowly broke in this coil and it gives a more restrictive vape but still with great flavour its slightly warmer but still great especially with the airflow slowly closed. I found my sweet spot at 55W and this was close to a perfect vape for me.

Overall the coils both lasted well over a week which is brilliant. Both provided excellent flavour I would say the 0.2ohm coil had slightly better flavour but I preferred the restriction of the 0.4ohm so would choose that coil as my go to overall.

Pros and Niggles...

Pros...

• Well built
• Large capacity (Non tpd)
• Good airflow
• Great coil life
• Great flavour
• Easily taken apart for cleaning all parts of tank

Niggles...

• Difficult to fill with large bottle due to drip tip
• The slide port on top Could open further possibly.
• Standard 810 drip tip would have been better

Overall thoughts...

Overall vaporesso have a made a brilliant sub ohm tank here. Lots of positives the main being if brought from overseas the massive capacity, mix that with the Great flavour and coil life this tank is a winner. With the coils I slightly prefer the flavour from the 0 2ohm but I prefer the more restrictive draw on the 0.4ohm therefore I would always choose the 0.4ohm as the flavour difference isn't a huge amount.

My main gripe is when filling using a large bottle if can be a pain due to the drip tip stopping the nib of the bottle pushing in far enough this is easily solved by removing the drip tip, but I feel the top slide could either open further or just by using the standard remove the top cap to fill method would have worked.

This tank offers lots of airflow and plenty of clouds so If you're looking for a subohm tank that can offer a fully open or slightly restrictive flavourful vape I would highly reccomended this tank.

Once again a massive thank you to vaporesso for giving me the opportunity to test this product out for them and thank you for reading my review.

Sam

Screenshot_20210209-201701_Samsung Internet.jpg

Attachments

• 20211210_092926.jpg
    20211210_092926.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 445
Nice review @Sam Andrews. Is it just me or does it feel a bit strange to be reviewing a stock coil tank these days rather than a pod? There seems fewer about this year.

Thanks @Astral
Yeah I agree was a nice change and different type of review mate of a decent tank always helps too ha

Been meaning to write review since I won one in the @Vaporesso giveaway but haven't had time to post it so hope you don't mind me just posting my thoughts on it here @Sam Andrews .

first off its a big tank (8ml) but it looks great on a big mod mod like a aegis legend - i would say make sure you get the 8ml bubble glass as it goes through juice like there's no tomorrow .
as sam says the top doesnt swivel enough to top the tank up with larger bottles - not even a 60ml gorilla which can be very annoying.
i also agree that the coils are very hard to remove so expect to split a fingernail trying.

i didnt like the 0.2 mesh coil (maybe i just got a couple of duff coils) - i couldnt get anywhere near the reccomended 70w without it tasting burnt and at lower wattage (about 55w) of course the flavour is ok but not great .

on to the plus points :
the 0.4 mesh coil at 55w is fantastic , flavour is most probably the best ive ever tasted but i havent tried any other mesh coil tanks so cant compare to other new tanks .
the clouds are massive and you will fog the room out in no time and i found it quite noisy so probably not one to use when are trying to watch the tv.
having a quick look around the coils cost about 12-13 quid for a pack of 5

i have no had no leaks from it at all so all good on that front .

for me personally it would not be a everyday tank , but for sitting in the garden when ive got some quality juice i would definately treat myself to using this with the 0.4 coil

20211123_170633.jpg 20211123_170856.jpg 20211212_120830.jpg

Last edited:
Vaporesso for the most part make excellent products; I've still got a Switcher in my daily rotation and also a cascade tank that gets a little use.

Guys does anyone know how to change the glass on the iTank as we get a 2ml tank capacity (tpd) I read somewhere that there is a plastic insert if that’s removed it will bring up to 5ml I have tried to remove it he glass but to no avail any help would be appreciated

Guys does anyone know how to change the glass on the iTank as we get a 2ml tank capacity (tpd) I read somewhere that there is a plastic insert if that’s removed it will bring up to 5ml I have tried to remove it he glass but to no avail any help would be appreciated
Hi @Gurujosh
some tanks (no idea about this one) cant have the rubber 2ml bung removed and the only way around it is to buy a full size tank from china.

FAA2D51F-CECE-42B0-8FF5-50830A277A9B.jpeg
Hi @Gurujosh
some tanks (no idea about this one) cant have the rubber 2ml bung removed and the only way around it is to buy a full size tank from china.
I got it removed I broke the glass but I have 3 replacement bubble glass so not too worried and it does have a plastic insert .removal would be to break the o ring seal and pull down as simple as that fitting is the reverse one thing nobody has mentioned is the top is removable the part with the vaperesso name printed but it is a reverse thread helps with cleaning and you can fill your tank easier I will do a video if requested

the sooner they get rid of this stupid 2ml law the better.
ive got a tank that can run at 120w and with the original 2ml its two large puffs and its almost empty.

Back
Top Bottom