What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Centaurus quest bf mod

Qwackers98

Achiever
Hey guys, anyone else got one?

Its a cracking single squonker but i have noticed a few things.

Firstly having to unscrew the fill port (pain as its small and i have no nails) and the battery door. Surely there was a better way to do it?

Secondly buttons. By christ they rattle a bit! Ive had a fair few mods over the years and not had a rattle (even after half destroying my vt inbox). I mean by no means a deal breaker but some people hate it.

Thirdly sharpish edges. The bottom of the mod where the bottle holder sits the edges seem to be a little on the sharp side.

Finally. Airlock?
On occassion it seems like no matter how hard you squeeze no juice flows to the atty (or very little). The first few times i thought there was a coil or cotton issue so rebuilt it. Then i started taking a note that the squonk bottle still looked full and Ive now realised its the anti leak system. I dont remove the bottle to refill it so the clips are fine. Ive found that if you push on the bottom of the bottle holder there a tiny tiny bit of movement, normally followed by a little glugging and everything works fine again for a while.

Has anyone else come across this at all?

Just thought id chuck this out there incase anyone wanted any info or had a fix.

Have a squeezy day peeps.

It's a little quirky in use for sure. I've had two for a while now and had the problem with the airlock, which caused a fair bit of leaking too. I found the trick is to make sure you always push upward a little too when squeezing the squonk bottle. It seems to have a tendency to pull out if not. Once the o-ring gets too juicy, it seems to exacerbate the problem. Every few fills I've got in the habit of pulling the squonk bottle out and wiping everything dry. Don't get the problem any more. Have to say though, a replacement bottle (seems like most suppliers have stock at the moment) does work wonders for making everything feel efficient. Mine are working great now, but you're right about the fiddly fill cap. I stripped the thread on one too, hence the replacement. You can pull the bottle out and unscrew the top and fill that way. Not had any Sharp edges or anything though. Not perfect but I really like mine.

I like Squonkers and love Lost Vape Gear but the Centaurus BF Mod is one i just don't like the look of for some reason, i have had one in my basket a few times but just can't pull the trigger. I think my other Squonkers might have spoilt me and can't see why anyone who has used say a Topside would want one of these.

Heard lots of reports about airlocks and also that the catch that holds the bottle eventually comes loose so you have to keep pushing it up.

I've had LV products which were excellent but ever since I bought a special edition centaurus I don't feel the same about them.

It's shoddy and cheap, the 'Stabwood' panels are peeling off and the weird pimply leather stuff long since peeled away and started to come off.
Total rip off, I like the look of this Squonker but I will spend my money elsewhere until the QC issues are sorted out.

Hi long time no see :P I'm still watching the forum and specially the squonk section been thinking of getting the mod as a spare as my topside dual starting to play a little bit but from what u guys are saying it's not worthy....

Hi long time no see :P I'm still watching the forum and specially the squonk section been thinking of getting the mod as a spare as my topside dual starting to play a little bit but from what u guys are saying it's not worthy....
In my honest opinion id put the money towards another topside if it was my call.
I got 2 duals and a single and have no issues at all. Whats going on with yours?

In my honest opinion id put the money towards another topside if it was my call.
I got 2 duals and a single and have no issues at all. Whats going on with yours?

Seems like the doors or contacts on doors it only does it every so often so prob easy fix but would probably look into getting another daily squonk I know it's big but dual batts are keeping me going

Seems like the doors or contacts on doors it only does it every so often so prob easy fix but would probably look into getting another daily squonk I know it's big but dual batts are keeping me going
Have a chat with @dovpo_uk about the door/contacts. He may be able to offer some advice. Failing that you can biy replacements i think.,

Back
Top Bottom