What's new

RSM Doodlebug hybrid revisited

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
Hellooooo fancy pants mod section, it's high time you were kicked back into life.

Once upon a time, a long long time ago (2014) you could go buy one of these handmade hybrid gennys from Rocket Science Mods.

Well, you could buy it if you were damn swift on the F5 button and prayed to whatever spawn of Satan keeps you warm at night.

I didn't. My thoughts were...

Screenshot 2022-03-02 at 21.34.33.png

Yep, in those days I though £172 was obscene money for a mod. I'm not telling you what the top price I've paid for a device is because the wife might come across this thread some time - it was much much more than £172.

It's a hybrid genny - battery rattle is taken care of by unscrewing the threaded tank, twisting the pin and screwing the tank back onto the mod so the tank makes direct contact with the 18500 cell. And being a genny it means it's proper real man or woman vaping stuff.

I tried to do a U-wick but time has addled my memory so I cut the wick in half. Filled the tank with House of Liquid's Brasileiro and it rocks like a wild beast through its 1mm airhole.

Think I paid £60 or £80 for it recently and it's is bloody awesome.

Why not start a thread for a classic you've broken out recently?

CUT DA MESH
IMG_0609.jpeg

TORCH DA MESH WITHIN AN INCH OF ITS LIFE
IMG_0610.jpeg

PULSE DAT COIL
IMG_0623.jpeg

FILL DAT TANK
IMG_0626.jpeg

VAPE LIKE A VINTAGE MOFO
IMG_0627.jpeg

Brilliant mate, just brilliant. I hope others do join in on this :)

Nice to see these still in action, they were the most stressful thing I ever made!

3 months of 20hr days trying to get them right & made in time... the good old days.

I think I have about 2 dozen of them saved in the garage for posterity 😁

Matt

Lovely mod, guy that made them was a right bawbag though...

Eh Matt ;)

Hope life's treating you well fella.

Hey Todd - honestly, I miss the golden days of the vaping revolution, it was such a journey with some great people.

I've lost touch over the years, but good to hear from you 😁

Older, fatter, balder - all good!

Back
Top Bottom