What's new

More power

Well, just so you know for future reference.
0.32 twisted kanthal, and 4 wraps, will give you 0.6 ;)

Cheers mate. Reckon I'll try 2 coils of .28mm 4 wraps first. That should give me .5ohms ;-)
Maybe after that I'll bust out that heavy duty gear they sent me free. I reckon its about .45mm ;-) I'll send you some if you want a play.

Cheers mate. Reckon I'll try 2 coils of .28mm 4 wraps first. That should give me .5ohms ;-)
Maybe after that I'll bust out that heavy duty gear they sent me free. I reckon its about .45mm ;-) I'll send you some if you want a play.

After Christmas, I'd happily accept your offer! Until then, I wont have any 30amp batteries, or an Igo W to test it out to the max :P

I stack batteries for some builds, the voltage drop is less severe and I can use thinner wire which heats up faster. This 1.9ohm build on the kayfun at 8.4v works out about 38w but only about 4 and a half amps, before voltage drop -

7a8ahu5a.jpg

It's a great vape and the heat up time is reduced - it feels more "effortless" for want of a better term!

I pair my batteries, switch my batteries, and check the voltages regularly.

I wouldn't recommend stacking if you don't need to, the advantages are good but not earth shattering so if you have a single battery capable of putting out high amps it's probably the easier and safer option.

I stack batteries for some builds, the voltage drop is less severe and I can use thinner wire which heats up faster. This 1.9ohm build on the kayfun at 8.4v works out about 38w but only about 4 and a half amps, before voltage drop -

7a8ahu5a.jpg

It's a great vape and the heat up time is reduced - it feels more "effortless" for want of a better term!

I pair my batteries, switch my batteries, and check the voltages regularly.

I wouldn't recommend stacking if you don't need to, the advantages are good but not earth shattering so if you have a single battery capable of putting out high amps it's probably the easier and safer option.

I just got my 30A Sony's so I'll stick with those I think. I built a dual coil today that came in at .8ohms. Whoaa man. It vapes a treat :-)

I do like me a good sub ohm dual coil :)

I got those Sonys too, I've ended up not really using them because of the capacity, except for daft builds. The Samsung-INR18650-20R is enough for most of my stuff and has 2000mah which means I'm only swapping every three hours and not two ;) The Panasonic NCR18650PD might suit your 0.8ohms coils a bit better - 2900mah and a ten amp limit :)

I do like me a good sub ohm dual coil :)

I got those Sonys too, I've ended up not really using them because of the capacity, except for daft builds. The Samsung-INR18650-20R is enough for most of my stuff and has 2000mah which means I'm only swapping every three hours and not two ;) The Panasonic NCR18650PD might suit your 0.8ohms coils a bit better - 2900mah and a ten amp limit :)

Same. I only got them for shenanigans. I'm happy with my Torchys for my tanks. Cheers though.

I posted this recently on another thread about the torchy 18650's. I asked him about them when I bought some other batteries off him and this is the reply I got.

" Hi Anthony,

The current Torchy batteries are ok up to 2,5A, the capacity drops off a bit above this, but there is no tundue thermal build up below 5A.

I have new ones arriving (hopefully by the end of the week) that will maintain capacity up to 5A.

Regards

Jim"

I posted this recently on another thread about the torchy 18650's. I asked him about them when I bought some other batteries off him and this is the reply I got.

" Hi Anthony,

The current Torchy batteries are ok up to 2,5A, the capacity drops off a bit above this, but there is no tundue thermal build up below 5A.

I have new ones arriving (hopefully by the end of the week) that will maintain capacity up to 5A.

Regards

Jim"

Thanks Jim.

Back
Top Bottom