What's new

German police used a tracing app to scout crime witnesses

Changed my mind, not even gonna say it, lol

Last edited:
did you eat @knome ’s coffeemate again? :)
Lol, nah, we just have different points of view, wutever.

I thought they specifically said they wernt going to use it for that, but with 5g allowing facial recognition cameras at every street corner this wont be an issue very soon anyway

the interesting thing is where it said the company get endless requests from the police, which are always refused. and in this instance they had to simulate a positive case to get the data. makes you wonder what kind of leverage the cops might have somehow had.

personally i don’t really care about it, i think it’s doubtful this would happen here (in scotland) but obviously it’s possible. i don’t have anything in particular to hide, so it doesn’t worry me. (that’s not to say people shouldn’t be concerned about government intrusion into privacy if they have nothing to hide, of course, it’s just my own personal feeling about it).

Plus your political leanings make you a good candidate foe being in favour of a surveillance state ?

“Now I will tell you the answer to my question. It is this. The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from the oligarchies of the past in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just around the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me”

Lol, nah, we just have different points of view, wutever.

I thought they specifically said they wernt going to use it for that, but with 5g allowing facial recognition cameras at every street corner this wont be an issue very soon anyway

aye, it’s shit but i think we need to be aware that anything like this will have the potential to be used in this way, in one way or another.

Plus your political leanings make you a good candidate foe being in favour of a surveillance state ?

“Now I will tell you the answer to my question. It is this. The Party seeks power entirely for its own sake. We are not interested in the good of others; we are interested solely in power, pure power. What pure power means you will understand presently. We are different from the oligarchies of the past in that we know what we are doing. All the others, even those who resembled ourselves, were cowards and hypocrites. The German Nazis and the Russian Communists came very close to us in their methods, but they never had the courage to recognize their own motives. They pretended, perhaps they even believed, that they had seized power unwillingly and for a limited time, and that just around the corner there lay a paradise where human beings would be free and equal. We are not like that. We know that no one ever seizes power with the intention of relinquishing it. Power is not a means; it is an end. One does not establish a dictatorship in order to safeguard a revolution; one makes the revolution in order to establish the dictatorship. The object of persecution is persecution. The object of torture is torture. The object of power is power. Now you begin to understand me”

no, not at all. in fact i think my political leaning as much closer to those of the writer of that quote than yours are.

Sooooooooooo 1980s ........... :D

aye, it’s shit but i think we need to be aware that anything like this will have the potential to be used in this way, in one way or another.

no, not at all. in fact i think my political leaning as much closer to those of the writer of that quote than yours are.
I think you would be surprised

Back
Top Bottom