What's new

Aspire neeko rta

You've already stated this. Other's have gurgling.
Calm down dear I just don't think cramming in more cotton is the solution. This is what works for me:

Cut the cotton to the edge of the metal
IMG_20220122_204320.jpg IMG_20220122_204355.jpg

Cut small triangles out, not all the way to the bottom or the coil:
IMG_20220122_204440.jpg

Put the cotton into the slots making sure the width of the chamber is full
IMG_20220122_204549.jpg
IMG_20220122_204642.jpg

That's what works for me anyway using any liquid with no leaks or gurgling

Calm down dear I just don't think cramming in more cotton is the solution. This is what works for me:

Cut the cotton to the edge of the metal
View attachment 264653 View attachment 264654

Cut small triangles out, not all the way to the bottom or the coil:
View attachment 264655

Put the cotton into the slots making sure the width of the chamber is full
View attachment 264656
View attachment 264657

That's what works for me anyway using any liquid with no leaks or gurgling

looks good to me! Out of interest are you just using a strip of Muji cotton there?

looks good to me! Out of interest are you just using a strip of Muji cotton there?
I bought some 2.5mm cotton strips from ecigone being lazy. Just make sure it fits nicely.
Experiment with the size of the triangle, not too much, just so when you push it through that it's not too tight.
Cutting it short and with triangles out means you can't really stuff too much cotton in those juice wells which is the major issue with decks like that. For me anyway

I bought some 2.5mm cotton strips from ecigone being lazy. Just make sure it fits nicely.
Experiment with the size of the triangle, not too much, just so when you push it through that it's not too tight.
Cutting it short and with triangles out means you can't really stuff too much cotton in those juice wells which is the major issue with decks like that. For me anyway

Nice one thanks! I tend to do a fair bit of raking to thin the cotton out a bit, but think I’ll give the triangle method a go as it’s probably less work.

I'm sure its already been mentioned, but taking out the top airflow insert usually resolves gurgling too

Yep I’ve tried with inserts but without definitely works better.
I also tried @chrisd2k’s wicking method (above) this morning and it’s working well for me. Cheers @chrisd2k!

chrisd2k's wicking method is the same as Todd seems to use on this type of deck.

So I started using my neeko again last month, put it on the mod on a whim, and for whatever reason the gurgling issue fixed itself. No idea what I'm doing differently still using the same wire and cotton bacon v2. Still cutting to the same length, roughly length chrisk2k has in his pictures. Same mod too but it works now. Using it with 1mm in the bottom and no top pin

Back
Top Bottom