What's new

New to the vaping appreciate any help!

E-liquid is generally made with only 3 ingredients or 4 when it contains nicotine. VG is thick and gives great vapour production, PG is thin and gives good flavour plus before mentioned throat hit. Then you have the flavour. The coils you are using on your kit require thinner liquid to run without getting dry hits. 50/50 is what most would use. I started with NIC salts. It's a different kind of nicotine that isn't as harsh and you can get that in 20mg and lower amounts, 20mg would give you the boost to reduce cravings but if you are fine with what strength you are using now, no need to change. Hope that explains the numbers.

Also if I go for the 50/50 option what aspire coil would be best suited for the 50/50? As think I’m going to to ahead and try the 50/50 just want to make sure I get the correct coil set up for it many thanks.

You can use any of these coils -

Nautilus Coils Recommended Wattages:
  • 0.3 Ohm Nautilus Mesh: 23 - 28W
  • 0.4 Ohm Nautilus BVC: 23 - 28W
  • 0.7 Ohm Nautilus Mesh: 20 - 25W
  • 0.7 Ohm Nautilus 2s BVC: 18 - 23W
  • 1.0 Ohm Nautilus Mesh: 13 - 15W
  • 1.6 Ohm Nautilus BVC: 7 - 11W
  • 1.8 Ohm Nautilus BVC: 10 - 14W
  • 1.8 Ohm AIO Nic-Salt: 10 - 12W
Any of these coils will be ok with 50/50 liquids… although the higher the watts, the more people tend to find high PG liquids a bit harsh on their throat.

Last edited:

Oh thanks that’s brilliant one last question picking one of these will work with the 50/50 liquid fine. Or will one work better with it or does not matter which one I go for? As looking to go for the 0.4 bvc one from that list . Sorry for all the questions. I’m probably doing everyone’s heads in.

Any of these coils will be ok with 50/50 liquids… although the higher the watts, the more people tend to find high PG liquids a bit harsh on their throat.
Sorry can disregard my last message as have just seen your last part of your message.

Thats good to know I can use any of them with the juice. I will go for the higher watts as having been using 25watts I have been getting on fine with it at that rate so will stick to what’s working for now.

Thanks for everyone involved in helping me out. Have made things so much clearer. This is the last your hear from me again lol.

You’re not doing anyone’s head in, we’re here to help newbies: we’ve all been there ;) I found all the numbers and new words mind-boggling when I first started vaping :D You should have 2 coils with a kit - check the numbers etched on them to see which you’ve got, and try not to go over the recommended wattage (W) in the table above. In my experience, that’s how to burn the coil out real fast. You’ll know when the coil’s on its way out: there’s a noticeable decrease in vapour and flavour, and then ‘yeuuch’! :tongue:

You’re not doing anyone’s head in, we’re here to help newbies: we’ve all been there ;) I found all the numbers and new words mind-boggling when I first started vaping :D You should have 2 coils with a kit - check the numbers etched on them to see which you’ve got, and try not to go over the recommended wattage (W) in the table above. In my experience, that’s how to burn the coil out real fast. You’ll know when the coil’s on its way out: there’s a noticeable decrease in vapour and flavour, and then ‘yeuuch’! :tongue:

Thanks a lot everyone has been so great on here. Just has been abit overwhelming for me the whole vape world but are get used to it.

Finally which would you recommend a bvc or a mesh coil? As don’t know which one is better or not?

Thanks a lot everyone has been so great on here. Just has been abit overwhelming for me the whole vape world but are get used to it.

Finally which would you recommend a bvc or a mesh coil? As don’t know which one is better or not?

As long as you’ve got the basics, and it’s keeping you off the ciggies, you’re doing great. It’s been a while since I used those coils, but I thought the mesh had a slightly more pronounced flavour. It comes down to personal preference though really. Aspire coils are generally pretty decent (imo). I would use both coils in the kit, and see which you prefer - they’ll vape a bit differently. Go from there :)

Hi and welcome @Vaping on the dole . You're doing good so far. As others have said 50/50 is a safe ratio for all the coils in your range. With 70pg you might experience some leaking/ gurgling or flooding.
To prime the coil just put a couple of drops down the centre of the coil before putting it in the device. Then put the coil in the tank and fill and leave for about 10 mins. Start vaping at a lower wattage than you would normally for that coil to bed it in. Maybe half a dozen puffs. You can then build the watts up to your sweet spot.
Have a look at onepoundliquid and 88vape for some cheap liquid.

welcome 1 of us now.jpeg

@Vaping on the dole

Back
Top Bottom