What's new

BB Preventative Maintenance

monstermash

Achiever
How do all,

Late to the party but just got an SXK DNA BB.

Reckon i can manage sealing the pin right enough as per @domejunky tutorial, but from having read through previous posts what i'm not clear on is whether i still need to seal the screen as per @joe clay, if the Pin is done?

Also need to change the bottom gaskit on the Boro tank as per @Rob ? For what though? - one of the supplied or purchase new? Or ditch the boro tank and get something better?

I also have an Exocet which i was planning to use.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Hi Ya @monstermash and great to see you here again. :)
The Bottom Seal I am referring to, is the one in the bottom of the Boro, I found that it wore down after repeated use, so would change it every so often. But... I have also been known to mention that as far as I am aware.... The SXK version of the VapeSnail does not come with the Seal that Atmizoo supply with their's? This holds the Condensation trap and also helps with Airflow Control, so it "may" have been that comment that you saw more recently?

The whole BB Bridge market has gone in Leaps and Bounds in recent times, but my personal favourites were the Atmizoo VapeShell or VapeSnail, The KRMA Bridge which I found to be about as perfect (at that time) as any Bridge I had tried, not only a very flavoursome Unit, but also tremendous for almost eradicating Condensation behind the Boro due to its very small size. Of course there are many, many more Bridges available nowadays so I think we should tag @TartanSpartan in to this conversation as he is still predominantly a Die Hard BB User and can offer far more insight thatnI am able to. :2thumbsup:

Can definitely recommend the Pioneer Insider for MTL/ RDL. Has it's own Boro style tank and you can access the deck when the tank is full. Perfoms great for flavour and draw imo.

How do all,

Reckon i can manage sealing the pin right enough as per @domejunky tutorial, but from having read through previous posts what i'm not clear on is whether i still need to seal the screen as per @joe clay, if the Pin is done?

Also need to change the bottom gaskit on the Boro tank as per @Rob ? For what though? - one of the supplied or purchase new? Or ditch the boro tank and get something better?

How do

I have in the past had sxk billets and have never sealed the pin, nor the screen tbh
As long as your boro isn’t leaking everywhere I’ve never had a problem

But then, others say it’s worth doing as a preventative measure so…

I currently use the mobb mini sxk in an authentic billet (as the mobb costs nearly as much as a billet)

I’ve tried nearly every Rba so far, until recently when about 10 came out all at once
Karma was always a favourite, unlike @Rob I never got on with the vapesnail or vapeshell tbh

Most rba’s I’ve never had much problem with, as long as they are wicked right they shouldn’t leak, just a tiny bit of condensation

How do all,

Nothing wrong with the original boro’s and the og Exocet is still one of the best rba’s on the market imho

Thanks for the info gents much appreciated.

Tell me - have I got a shit O-ring here or is this a common issue - the glass will not slide over this red seal without pinching it and lifting it - tried various coercion methods for the last 40 minutes and starting to lose the plot

Attachments

• FAC1838C-62F9-4CDE-BF77-9A1D78995A92.jpeg
    FAC1838C-62F9-4CDE-BF77-9A1D78995A92.jpeg
    951.3 KB · Views: 50
Thanks for the info gents much appreciated.

Tell me - have I got a shit O-ring here or is this a common issue - the glass will not slide over this red seal without pinching it and lifting it - tried various coercion methods for the last 40 minutes and starting to lose the plot

It has probably stretched. Looks like it needs replacing.

It has probably stretched. Looks like it needs replacing.

hmm - considering it’s the first build and fill it’s definitely a wrong un from the off. Maybe the 20 minutes for all the new RBA components in a cup of warm water with half a dishwasher tablet (as learned from @Ment many years ago and has served me well to today) has shafted it.

where to get a new one or maybe replace the entire boro tank for new? If so which one - I don’t know if i can Frankenclone with gen parts?

hmm - considering it’s the first build and fill it’s definitely a wrong un from the off. Maybe the 20 minutes for all the new RBA components in a cup of warm water with half a dishwasher tablet (as learned from @Ment many years ago and has served me well to today) has shafted it.

where to get a new one or maybe replace the entire boro tank for new? If so which one - I don’t know if i can Frankenclone with gen parts?

SXK Boro tanks have always worked fine for me if you don't mind the clone solution. You can get them from Naturevape and Provapes in UK. Not sure where to source the seals from.

Just checked at provapes. You can get the Boro seals/ gaskets there.

Back
Top Bottom