What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

GeekVape One Pod Kit

RichieRich

Achiever
Ay up! Bonjour! Guten Tag! Konnichiwa! Nǐn hǎo! Hola! Zdravstvuyte!

Good day!

I bring you my findings of a pod device i have bought with my own money, and have no affiliation with the manufacturer. This review may contain a few expletives too.

Today i am reviewing the Geekvape One, which comes in 2 versions. The One, and One FC.
The FC has a smaller battery capacity at 550mah, but gains SuperFast Charging (claimed 15 mins to full when connected to a USB capable of PD), and the regular One just has a higher battery capacity of 780mah. Both look identical, take the same pods, and have the same 3 levels of power adjustment. Both have USB-C charging port on the base of the device.

2022-01-18 20.45.36.jpg

I opted for the the higher battery One, as i'd like to comfortably get through a day without charging, or a night out on the tiles. I was a little apprehensive of buying this, since my experience of Geekvape products have always left me frustrated by their incontinence. They are brilliant for flavour, but every GV product i have ever owned, has pissed itself, and i can't stand it. The only exception has been the Zeus X Mesh RTA which has been perfect. Well, you might wonder why i decided to put myself through torment and frustration again? I'm a glutton for punishment, thats why! And, Geekvape claim this is going to be leak free? We'll see about that!

Packaging:
No complaints here, small package, box keeps everything inside nicely protected so it doesn't move or rattle, and the only plastic inside is the tray keeping everything secure in the box.

2022-01-18 20.44.03.jpg

In the box:
Inside, you will find the device, with the 0.8 pod pre-installed, a spare 1.2 pod, a short USB-C Charging cable, and an instruction book. (excuse the missing spare pod in the pic, I forgot to take pics when unboxing it)

2022-01-18 20.44.39.jpg

Now, onto the device. First impressions are good. Metal casing with a fake leather sticker on the side, its comfortable to hold, button placement is fine where it is, and the pod is held in securely with magnets. Before using, the pre-installed 0.8 pod has a sticker tab over the coil terminals, you'll need to remove this before use.

The pods are 2ml, and filling the pods is quite easy. Pulling off the mouthpiece at a slight angle detaches it from the pod to reveal a fill hole and breather.

2022-01-18 20.46.09.jpg

Filling couldn't be easier, with the pod being clear, there are no issues seeing the juice level as you fill. The fill hole is small, but easily fits nozzles like the ones found on 10ml bottles (or shortfill bottles with the same nozzle size). Once filled, the mouthpiece pushes back on with a click to let you know its on fully. As the coils are not removeable, you can't prime the coil, so you will need to leave the pod for at least 20 mins before using, IF this is the fist time the pod is used.

Powering on the device, is 5 clicks on, and 5 clicks off. Power adjustment is 3 clicks, which is indicated by the LED on the side. Red is low power 3.1v, Blue is medium 3.3v, and Green is high 3.5v. Each power setting supposedly supplies a constant voltage, however, that power will drop once the battery drops below that power setting. The device is draw or button activated, but since you can't turn off autodraw, the button isn't really necessary.

Handily, Geekvape have a video showing its operation

Using the device for the first time, the power setting will be in low mode, but don't go changing that just yet!!

Once your pod has sat wicking for 20 mins or so, pop it into the device. If it was already powered on, the LED on the side should flash green to acknowledge it has detected the pod and ready to go.

I started off with Riot Squad Blue Burst 11mg Nic Salt, which is a very good vape in my Vaporesso Degree mesh pods, and is also my daily MTL vape so i know what to expect in flavour.

Powered on, pod in, and off out for a drive to get my lunch, here we go.....

First draw...... F*** me!!! Wow! Jeezas!!
Second draw.. F**** me again!!
Third draw.... F****ing hell!!

The words above, are genuinely what came out of my mouth, which, was met with an angry face of the driver opposite in the carpark. I sheepishly grinned and said sorry, I think he mistook my reaction as creative criticism of his slow parking skills.

Thinking maybe this was on the high power setting, i thought i'd try it on the lowest. Nope! It was on the lowest, and it was banging out flavour! So i decided to try and up the power and keep testing on each setting.
Every power increment for me, was the same for flavour, the only thing that changed was the warmth of the vape, so i'll settle for the lowest setting since it impressed me so much, and will save the battery too.

As the day progressed, the Geekvape One kept up, and by the end of the day, the battery indicator was still showing high, so it did well so far.

I tried the 1.2 pod the next day, and while the airflow was tighter, the flavour was lacking a bit, even on the highest power setting. The airflow on the 0.8 is a slightly loose MTL draw, but it was perfect for me. Those that like a tight draw, would be better with the 1.2 pod, but even that is not as tight as i would have thought. Unfortunately, the airflow is not adjustable.

While the 0.8 pod is a winner for me, i do have a problem with it. After a while, it does start to suffer seepage inside the coil, which can lead to it gurgling slightly, or getting the odd drop of liquid in your mouth. This could be a one-off, faulty pod maybe, but i've bought some new pods to see if it keeps happening. Also worth noting, it doesn't seep when its been left standing, it only appears when in use after a while. If its not a faulty pod, my theory is the auto-draw not cutting off the moment you finish your draw. UPDATE, it was a faulty pod, after fitting a new 0.8 pod and vaping on it for a day, this has resolved the issue.

The mouthpiece of the pods may look ugly, but its shape i found perfect in use compared to the Aegis Boost i once had. Did i say this is an MTL kit?, Well it is. I did try to RDTL it for a laugh, but that turned into a coughing fit, so stick to MTL.

So far, despite the seeping issue, its been fantastic, so much so, i may be able to forgive this little problem. The pod's airflow i have later found out is designed like a u-bend, which goes some way to keeping it leak-free (like a toilets ability to keep water in the pan). So far i have had zero leaking, and not even a drop of condensation around the base of the pod from the incoming airflow. I may consider buying another one if the new pods resolve the seeping issue, then i'll retire my Degree pod kits.

Pros
Easy to use, perfect for new or seasoned vapers alike
Pod is leak-free
Superb flavour, one of the best i've experienced for a stock coil MTL
Fast charging
Compact
NicSalt compatible

Cons
Seepage in coil (now resolved with new pods)
Fixed airflow
Internal coil, not replaceable, meaning more plastic waste

Sorry for rambling on, and the expletives, but thats it :)

Last edited:
Great review. Tells us what we need to know and honest.

REVIEW UPDATE: A new 0.8 pod has been on the go all day, and happy to report it has resolved the seepage issue. I have edited the original post to reflect this, and will be purchasing another GV One kit soon. Good result :2thumbsup:

REVIEW UPDATE: A new 0.8 pod has been on the go all day, and happy to report it has resolved the seepage issue. I have edited the original post to reflect this, and will be purchasing another GV One kit soon. Good result :2thumbsup:
That’s good to know that could have turned people off purchasing the kit.

Back
Top Bottom