What's new

Covid but not testing positive?

Mr Ripple

Legend
Caught some sort of bug from the wifey who is just getting better after three weeks of it.

All the symptoms point towards Covid but the wifey did several lateral flow tests which were all negative.
Eventually she booked a pcr test which also came back as negative.
Wifey is/was convinced it was covid but the tests say no.

I'm on day 4 and the symptoms although levelling out are......

Sore throat
Annoying cough
Headaches
Mild cold sweats
Easilly out of breath when walking or generally any form of exertion
Temperature is normal though
Taste and smell is normal although the wifey lost hers for a few days......

I don't usually get things like this as my immune system is ridiculously strong but after three weeks of being exposed to the wifeys lurgy It's eventually took hold.

Don't understand how she would have caught it either with all the social distancing and mask wearing etc so this has in all honesty got me wondering.....:hmm:

There's a lot of nasty non-covid stuff about at the moment. I don't usually get colds but as you know I got one recently.

I had a bad cold over christmas. Taste was lessened a lot (about 25% of normal level). An annoying cough (still not copletely gone almost 4 weeks later). Very tired. Some sweats and fever. Did shitloads of covid tests and they all returned negative.

OH had a very similar thing a week later and she tested + for covid after 4 days.

Seemed like the same thing, but I don't really know. I wouldn't rule out the possibility that I had it too. But I also agree with what @rew said.

Last edited:
Same here.
Had bad chest and bad head since newyears day.
Coughing up soon right horrible tasting crap
Done four test all neg.
Just seems to be bad cold going round.

I thought I had it too… all the tests were negative. ‘Good old-fashioned tonsillitis!’ said the GP chirpily from as far away from me as possible, whilst peering down my throat :25: ‘Lots of nasties doing the rounds!’. She was a little too happy about it for my liking, I reminded her she’s supposed to be compassionate, not relieved that I’m not a biohazard. She just laughed :anyone:

Last edited:
I have the same symptoms and like you tests are all neg and a friend of mine had it a couple of weeks before me and she was the same tests were all neg not been to the docs as they are useless and won't see you or you won't even get a phone call just tell you to isolate and if not better then phone back and we might see you

Back
Top Bottom