What's new

Review Digbys black sun

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Hi all

This is a quick review on the new juice coming from @Digbys

"This is going to be the first in a new line of wallet-friendly shortfills available for £5.00 ( that's not just for release ) Black Sun is a cold blackcurrant and anise."

This is a shortfil eliquid comes in a 50ml bottle and is 60vg 40pg.

16423668036257480797056554281721.jpg
The bottle has a striking black sticker with a illumimious pink circle around. In the centre you have the Digbys name, the juice name and the flavour profile.

16423667169152387428641073712637.jpg

From the smell of the bottle you get a fresh smelling blackcurrent and knuckle test you can taste the coolness which comes from the aniseed.

I used this juice in the vaporesso itank with a fresh coil and I also tried it in the drag nano 2.

16423668522002499508362945621262.jpg

I found this juice to work best on a sub ohm tank with more power to really bring through all the flavours although it worked well in a pod system as a more subtle vape.

First of all there's a very smooth blackcurrent taste which blends perfectly into the coolness of the aniseed which gives it a type of tunes cough sweet flavour. The thing I liked most about this juice is the balance is perfect the coolness isn't overpowering and doesn't at all take away the blackcurrent flavouring.

Another huge plus I've noticed is the coil life on my sub ohm coils aren't affected by this and have lasted well so far.

Overall a fantastic juice from the ever so reliable Digbys, thank you for giving me the opportunity to try this juice out.

https://www.digbysjuices.co.uk/shop/

Sam

Screenshot_20210209-201701_Samsung Internet.jpg

Hope @Sam Andrews doesn't mind, I'm going to piggy back on his review thread. Because we don't need 1001 black sun threads and I'm pretty much in agreement with him.

I also received a sample. I warned @Digbys - it was always going to be hit or miss for me. (I prefer toffees, nuts, vanilla, tobaccos flavours. But you can't beat blackcurrent & liquoice for a grown up sweetie, so I quite fancied giving this a go). I am happy to report a hit.

I really like the balance of blackcurrent and anise. You can't really go wrong with blackcurrent IMO, and this is a very nice blackcurrent flavour. Anise is a different kettle of fish though, it could easily overpower the other flavours and if you've ever got blind pissed on pernod it could have the potential to trigger some unpleasant memories. To me the anise seemed very mellow - enough to counter the sweet fruitiness and add a grown up edge, but its not a dominent flavour at all. I might even have been able to handle (just a little bit) more.

This is a juice that I found to be quite morish. While on other setups I'd keep sneaking in a puff on the Black Sun now and then.

If anything I might perfer it without the menthol edge, but it was quite subtle and didn't offend me. IIf nothing else I found it quite refreshing and provided a nice break up to my normal ADVs.

Back
Top Bottom