What's new

Innokin MVP Pod Kit

Sam Andrews

Achiever
Roll up.. roll up...

I was lucky enough to win this in a giveaway from the lovely folks at @Innokin and although not asked I thought I'd do a little review.

As always these are my thoughts and I'm not associated with anyone at innokin, nor have I been paid for my review.

The edition of the mvp pod I won was the limited edition London, as always it comes in the 100% recyclable packaging. The device is available in 6 standard colours and 1 limited edition London version.

INNOKIN_MVPPODKIT_GROUP_PA_72_FL.jpg

Abit about the kit...

Innokin have made this pod device with the slogan " back to basics" this has been made a user friendly simple device to hopefully kick the fascination of disposables away from new vapers. They're running this kit in conjunction with there "why smoke" campaign and this has been used on buses and advertised around London, hence the limited edition London version of my pod.

See the article below for more information on the campaign.

https://www.innokin.com/news/innokins-why-smoke-vaping-campaign-hits-the-streets-of-london

In the box....

• Innokin MVP Device

• 2x 0.65ohm MVP pods

• USB Type C cable

• User manual

20220107_171752.jpg

Specs...

• Size: 107x22x13mm

• Output: 2 power levels – 11W or 12.5W

• Battery: 500mAh (internal)

• Display: LED indicator

• Resistance limits: 0.4-3.5ohm

• E-liquid capacity: 2.7ml (standard) / 2ml (TPD)

• USB Type C Charging – 0.65A charge rate

• Pods: Refillable, fixed coil

• Coils: 0.65ohm

• Auto draw or button activation

• Side refill port

The Pods...

In the kit you get 2 pods which are sealed pods and include a 0.65ohm coil it's a shame these coils aren't changeable as it means throwing the whole pod away but in this era of pod kits it's something thats becoming more fashionable.

They're a slightly tinted colour and with the 2ml (tpd) edition you will need to remove the pod to see your juice level if you get the larger pod you won't have this issue. Maybe the silicone bung could have been placed at the bottom of the pod on the tpd edition to make the juice level visible at the top but not a game changer.

Sadly so far the only pod coil options are the 0.65ohm and although its a very good vape it's not quite as tight a mtl as I would like it's more of a loose mtl but nevertheless a very good one. They provide fantastic flavour and a comfortable duck beak style mouth piece helps narrow the bore for a mtl vape.

20220109_182241.jpg

The Pods feature a side filling bung which opens easily and is fine with thin nozzle bottles or 10ml bottles if you're planning on using larger nozzles it can be abit trickier but just have to be patient let the air come out before filling completely.

I would have also liked to have seen the ohm of coil on the pod not an issue now with only 1 option available but if there are future coil options available it would be a good addition

I found these pods worked best with 50/50 to give the balance between throat hit and flavour, they have lasted me a good week before the flavour starts to drop off.

The mod....

20220109_182209.jpg

This pod kit was alot lighter than I expected buy feels sturdy with a solid zinc alloy frame with the colour way on either side of the device. It houses a 500mAh battery and supports USB type C charging which is located on the side of the mod meaning the device can be charged standing. I found it took around 45/50 minutes to fully charge.

20220109_182230.jpg

Also on the same side is a small airflow inlet hole. Branding is kept to a minimum with innokin and mvp printed on either side of the mod.

20220109_182214.jpg

This is a very simple device with just 1 button which is used as a on/off and firing button below you can find an easy guide for using the device.

• Power On/Off = 3 fire button presses

• Vaping = either press the fire button for manual firing or inhale on the mouthpiece to trigger the auto draw firing.

• Battery indicator when charging = Red LED – Battery below 90% charge, Green LED – battery over 90% charged. The light will go out when fully charged.

• Adjust the power level = press the fire button quickly twice to adjust and stop when the LED indicator shows the power level you require – Green LED – 11W, Red LED – 12.5W.

The 1 major flaw I found is the lack of battery indication when using the device and is something which could have easily been added so the user knows when the battery is decreasing.

Pros and cons...

Pros...

• Good flavour
• Good mtl
• Lightweight
• Easy to use
• No leaking

Niggles...

• Have to removed pod to see juice level
• Non changeable coils
• No indication to coil ohm on pod
• Only 1 coil available
• No battery indicator

Overall thoughts..

Overall what innokin are trying to achieve here with the back to basics slogan they have completely achieved, this device is about as simple as it gets with 1 button, auto or button firing and non replacement coils. I would definitely reccomend this pod to somebody hoping to quit smoking or come away from disposables.

For me the 2 biggest flaws are there's only 1 coil option available as of now and there's no battery indication on the device but apart from that the flavour is decent, the draw is good for any mtl vaper and it's as simple as a vape device gets.

20220107_171732.jpg

Thank you once again to innokin for sending me this device and some other goodies as part of my completion win.

Thanks for reading my review
Sam
Screenshot_20210209-201701_Samsung Internet.jpg

Nice on Sam!

A few questions....

Does it feel nice in the hand? LoL
Whats the smoke like? Big smoke? LOL

Joking of course, i agree with what you have said as i found the same with mine. A week coil life, yep, i think it was 6 days for me which is annoying when you compare it to other inbuilt pods. The battery level so frustrating but it is what is says on the tin and you know the quality is good.

Hi @Sam Andrews thanks enjoyed the review. I won mine in the @Innokin Bus why smoke campaign, it’s an enjoyable little device I’ve decided it’s my take out one easy to use not bulky I’m still on the first pod so still got the other pod plus bought another box of three pods.

Nice on Sam!

A few questions....

Does it feel nice in the hand? LoL
Whats the smoke like? Big smoke? LOL

Joking of course, i agree with what you have said as i found the same with mine. A week coil life, yep, i think it was 6 days for me which is annoying when you compare it to other inbuilt pods. The battery level so frustrating but it is what is says on the tin and you know the quality is good.
Hahah cheers Dee! Massive clouds bro!

Glad we have the same opinion on it still a great little device Easy on the go and for convenience

Thanks for the review Sam. Seems decent for what it is.

I had one but lost it yesterday when out with the dog!! I may well get another as I liked it and have spare pods.

Nice review Sam. The MVP does indicate remaining battery status. After drawing on the pod or pressing the fire button, the led will show:
No led batt over 50%
Red led lit for 2 seconds 10%-50% of batt remains
Red led flashes twice batt under 10%
Indication not great and not really accurate but it is there.

Back
Top Bottom