What's new

Review Vapesmarter - Grenadilla

hack400

Legend
My @vapesmarter order.

I’m writing this because I have enjoyed the entire process of ordering from Stu, and I want to share that with other members.

This is the story of how Grenadilla, a single 21700 DNA100C mod, came to be. Stu names all of his mods.

So, on Christmas Eve I finally decided I wanted to take the plunge and ask Stu to make me a mod. I’d been watching his work from afar, lurking on his Facebook page and looking at his posts on here for a while. I’ll be honest, I was a bit in awe of the whole Vapesmarter “thing” and was a bit hesitant to bother the great man. I finally crafted up a message and hit send. That was it, I thought. It’s Christmas Eve, and I will hear something back next week, if I’m lucky.

I know, you’re thinking come on, where’s the photos, I don’t want to read this drivel, this thread is no good without photos. Sorry, but you’ll have to endure a bit longer. That’s about how long I had to wait for Stu to get back to me. And here is what started, I can only describe as, a wonderful journey through the mod making process for a Vapesmarter customer. Stu was brilliant, he listened, guided, kept me on track through the whole journey.

To start with we had a short back and forth around how it all worked, what he currently had planned, how I should tell him what I wanted, and he’d come up with the goods. It couldn’t have been easier (well, for me). So, I let him know what I had in mind, and pressed the go button (sent the reply to Stu). Invoice generated. On Christmas Eve. Yes, really, Christmas Eve at 11:38PM.

The wait begins. ETA of mid-January.

One week later, I see a post on Facebook. Could it be? I didn’t wait long to get a message from Stu. He has the block ready.

GrenadillaBlock.jpg

GrenadillaBlock2.jpg

It is starting to get real. This is one of the great pieces of the Vapesmarter experience. Stu likes to keep you in the loop (or tease you as he builds your mod, if you like).

The block is African Blackwood (Dalbergia melanoxylon), hence the name of the mod. Grenadilla is the edible fruit from the tree.

We have a quick discussion about the faceplate and buttons. I prefer dark things on my mods. Stu quickly agrees and it’s as easy as that.

How long will I have to wait now, just play it cool, you were given a mid-January estimate. You’ll have to wait a bit as well, bear with me.

The next stage arrives a few days later, a post on Facebook and a message from Stu.

GrenadillaFirstPolish.jpg

Polished block. All natural, no varnish. This is why the African Blackwood is used for musical instruments and fine furniture. It’s beautiful and I suspect you’d agree.

At this juncture, a picture of Alfie. I think he’s the brains behind the outfit. He tends to play it cool.

Alfie.jpg

If you follow the Vapesmarter Facebook group, you’ll have noticed that one of the stages of the mod making process is the naming of the mod. Stu will post a “Coming Soon” picture, with the mod name. His choice of pictures is always fantastic. So now I am visiting his page rather regularly. Will I see my mods naming this time (I was going to say today, but by now I am probably the highest hit count of his Facebook page).

On the 5th January I see this posted. Fingers crossed, I make the connection (African Blackwood/Grenadilla).

GrenadillaCover.jpg

Soon. What’s that mean? Yes, I know, but…

Before I get to my pics of the box and mod, there’s more to this story. A couple of days before the “Soon” post for my mod appears on Facebook there is a cryptic picture posted, made from the same African Hardwood. What could it be?

PenPiece.jpg

My first though was perhaps it was going to be used for drip tips, but I was wrong. Soon enough another piece of Stu’s art is revealed.

GrenadillaPen.jpg

And it is available to buy, so I act quickly. I like pens, and this one will match up to my new mod. I ask Stu if it’s available and it is. Purchase secured.

Anyway, back to my mod. I don’t have to wait much longer, the next day I receive a message from Stu, Grenadilla is presented to the world, and it’s worth the wait. I have to admit, I have watched the posted video and stared at the pictures for far too long since they were posted on Facebook.

Grenadilla.jpg

Grenadilla2.jpg

Grenadilla3.jpg

The first thing I feel I need to do immediately is pay the balance. Stu even makes that a no rush, don’t worry, I have to box it up and post if first conversation. The man is a treasure. I finally get the go ahead to pay up. Sorted.

Later that day, and 2 weeks since I first contacted Stu, I get a text with a photo of my tracking number. It’s on the way and a quick check of the tracking tells me I won’t have long to wait.

Now onto some photos of delivery day and unboxing of the mod. Caveat emptor, I have nowhere near the artistic skills of Stu, so don’t expect any fancy framing of the photos from me.

Here’s what came in the parcel. Lots of goodies.

The mod in the box, which in of itself is a wonderful piece of art and presentation, drip tip and polish and other bits in the bag, and the pen. Also a card from Alfie and a letter from Stu.

2022-01-08_12-29-38_909.jpeg

The box contains the mod, carefully wrapped and bagged, as well as a nice leather USB cable.

2022-01-08_12-33-47_885.jpeg

Great care taken in wrapping up the mod, which was quickly unwrapped.

2022-01-08_12-34-39_867.jpeg

2022-01-08_12-37-08_026.jpeg

2022-01-08_12-37-42_925.jpeg

2022-01-08_12-37-52_312.jpeg

Front view with the Vapesmarter DNA theme. Alfie saying hello.

2022-01-08_12-44-29_337.jpeg

And a pic of the mod and pen.

2022-01-08_12-41-39_357.jpeg

The light isn’t great in here right now, so I apologise for not capturing the true beauty of Stu’s creation. The Vapesmarter photo’s do it far better justice.

This has been one of the most enjoyable ordering experiences I have gone through, I cannot recommend it enough. If you ever feel like treating yourself this is the way to do it. And to be honest, the outlay is extremely reasonable. When Stu provided the quote to me, I was really taken aback. Some retail DNA mods are not a lot less than this one of a kind, and you really feel like your custom is wanted.

That’s it folks.

Vapesmater can be found online here.

https://www.vapesmarter.org/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vapesmarter.org

Last edited:
My @vapesmarter order.

I’m writing this because I have enjoyed the entire process of ordering from Stu, and I want to share that with other members.

This is the story of how Grenadilla, a single 21700 DNA100C mod, came to be. Stu names all of his mods.

So, on Christmas Eve I finally decided I wanted to take the plunge and ask Stu to make me a mod. I’d been watching his work from afar, lurking on his Facebook page and looking at his posts on here for a while. I’ll be honest, I was a bit in awe of the whole Vapesmarter “thing” and was a bit hesitant to bother the great man. I finally crafted up a message and hit send. That was it, I thought. It’s Christmas Eve, and I will hear something back next week, if I’m lucky.

I know, you’re thinking come on, where’s the photos, I don’t want to read this dribble, this thread is no good without photos. Sorry, but you’ll have to endure a bit longer. That’s about how long I had to wait for Stu to get back to me. And here is what started, I can only describe as, a wonderful journey through the mod making process for a Vapesmarter customer. Stu was brilliant, he listened, guided, kept me on track through the whole journey.

To start with we had a short back and forth around how it all worked, what he currently had planned, how I should tell him what I wanted, and he’d come up with the goods. It couldn’t have been easier (well, for me). So, I let him know what I had in mind, and pressed the go button (sent the reply to Stu). Invoice generated. On Christmas Eve. Yes, really, Christmas Eve at 11:38PM.

The wait begins. ETA of mid-January.
Absolute awesome mate really stunning Mod, enjoy.

One week later, I see a post on Facebook. Could it be? I didn’t wait long to get a message from Stu. He has the block ready.

View attachment 263381

View attachment 263382

It is starting to get real. This is one of the great pieces of the Vapesmarter experience. Stu likes to keep you in the loop (or tease you as he builds your mod, if you like).

The block is African Blackwood (Dalbergia melanoxylon), hence the name of the mod. Grenadilla is the edible fruit from the tree.

We have a quick discussion about the faceplate and buttons. I prefer dark things on my mods. Stu quickly agrees and it’s as easy as that.

How long will I have to wait now, just play it cool, you were given a mid-January estimate. You’ll have to wait a bit as well, bear with me.

The next stage arrives a few days later, a post on Facebook and a message from Stu.

View attachment 263383

Polished block. All natural, no varnish. This is why the African Blackwood is used for musical instruments and fine furniture. It’s beautiful and I suspect you’d agree.

At this juncture, a picture of Alfie. I think he’s the brains behind the outfit. He tends to play it cool.

View attachment 263384

If you follow the Vapesmarter Facebook group, you’ll have noticed that one of the stages of the mod making process is the naming of the mod. Stu will post a “Coming Soon” picture, with the mod name. His choice of pictures is always fantastic. So now I am visiting his page rather regularly. Will I see my mods naming this time (I was going to say today, but by now I am probably the highest hit count of his Facebook page).

On the 5th January I see this posted. Fingers crossed, I make the connection (African Blackwood/Grenadilla).

View attachment 263385

Soon. What’s that mean? Yes, I know, but…

Before I get to my pics of the box and mod, there’s more to this story. A couple of days before the “Soon” post for my mod appears on Facebook there is a cryptic picture posted, made from the same African Hardwood. What could it be?

View attachment 263386

My first though was perhaps it was going to be used for drip tips, but I was wrong. Soon enough another piece of Stu’s art is revealed.

View attachment 263387

And it is available to buy, so I act quickly. I like pens, and this one will match up to my new mod. I ask Stu if it’s available and it is. Purchase secured.

Anyway, back to my mod. I don’t have to wait much longer, the next day I receive a message from Stu, Grenadilla is presented to the world, and it’s worth the wait. I have to admit, I have watched the posted video and stared at the pictures for far too long since they were posted on Facebook.

View attachment 263388

View attachment 263389

View attachment 263390

The first thing I feel I need to do immediately is pay the balance. Stu even makes that a no rush, don’t worry, I have to box it up and post if first conversation. The man is a treasure. I finally get the go ahead to pay up. Sorted.

Later that day, and 2 weeks since I first contacted Stu, I get a text with a photo of my tracking number. It’s on the way and a quick check of the tracking tells me I won’t have long to wait.

Now onto some photos of delivery day and unboxing of the mod. Caveat emptor, I have nowhere near the artistic skills of Stu, so don’t expect any fancy framing of the photos from me.

Here’s what came in the parcel. Lots of goodies.

The mod in the box, which in of itself is a wonderful piece of art and presentation, drip tip and polish and other bits in the bag, and the pen. Also a card from Alfie and a letter from Stu.

View attachment 263391

The box contains the mod, carefully wrapped and bagged, as well as a nice leather USB cable.

View attachment 263392

Great care taken in wrapping up the mod, which was quickly unwrapped.

View attachment 263393

View attachment 263394

View attachment 263395

View attachment 263397

Front view with the Vapesmarter DNA theme. Alfie saying hello.

View attachment 263398

And a pic of the mod and pen.

View attachment 263399

The light isn’t great in here right now, so I apologise for not capturing the true beauty of Stu’s creation. The Vapesmarter photo’s do it far better justice.

This has been one of the most enjoyable ordering experiences I have gone through, I cannot recommend it enough. If you ever feel like treating yourself this is the way to do it. And to be honest, the layout is extremely reasonable. When Stu provided the quote to me, I was really taken aback. Some retail DNA mods are not a lot less than this one of a kind, and you really feel like your custom is wanted.

That’s it folks.

Vapesmater can be found online here.

https://www.vapesmarter.org/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/vapesmarter.org

Wow, what a stunning mod and thanks for sharing the story.

Beautiful mod mate. I hope you enjoy it for a long time to come.

Great story/review

I love all the care and attention that’s gone into making the device and into the review.

awsome

Thanks for the review, certainly looks a nice piece of kit enjoy it.

Back
Top Bottom