Vape Club
What's new

Mods Lost Vape Centaurus Quest BF kit

red5

Achiever
Lost Vape Centaurus Quest BF Kit review by Antony Lord
a-Ez54IkPStgeoyik4vi8fxqGIDWNioqYxv5JvZqmDKVxAKY4vTwplpapViDAEYpzX5x76A3t1Qb-zRoFoaQ-DrhWHif1R16edtZY_pDAUnDf8zeaMstgmmZXDOIxdZf5vhETkCm

A bit of a surprise awaited me recently when I got back from holiday because Lost Vape had sent out the Centaurus Quest BF kit for me to take a look at. I had no idea this was coming so I was pretty chuffed because this was a piece of kit I had been looking forward to.

Specifications:
  • 86 mm x 51.7 x 31.8 mm / 167 grams
  • Single 21700 battery
  • Output 5~100 watts / 0.7~8 volts
  • Range 0.1~5 ohms
  • Quest 2 chip
  • Leak proof squonk design
  • 9.5ml squonk bottle
zfm4wiWWvIXqwGwZ4iE1Bhsv0H7VXo6aL_7R1Uxs1o8W4nq1Mkao9gvBUaIEy7SsBCfWia-WDr7nZ3C1KjV0dj-G9mjm7AmFTpOhrpjuL4QSrSBv5HSrMMaFIuy1dYICQcvTCKke

There’s quite a bit included in the box with the Centaurus Quest squonk mod and their first ever RDA, the Centaurus Solo RDA. You get the usual paperwork, spare o-rings and 510 pin, 18650 battery adapter, USB-C charge cable, and a second bottle (more on that later.)
2QrDGOkR7qOWCbRk7uMq9ziVMOLnva0fakWxjr1aU27nieyHPlXRjbwfVlYgaT4OiPN4h0_w2MP-dg7qZM1ogqlBGd4LjUJh237XavCNqxbUae4k7l2LunhDl_HhAC8ccnrNkg_1

Looking at the Centaurus Quest BF mod first this features a rather eclectic range of materials, which is something we’ve seen from Lost Vape before, with a leather wrap around the curved back and a large carbon fibre panel on one side all enclosed in a zinc alloy chassis. This shouldn’t work but somehow it seems to all gel together and is very comfortable to hold even despite the large control panel which juts out about 4mm above the rest of the frame, it’s no lightweight though weighing in at 167 grams even before you install a battery.

I was happy to see that this once again features the Lost Vape quest 2 chip and a bright colour screen which I’ve seen on several other of their kits recently. This has one of the most intuitive three button menu systems with all the options you’ll ever need (wattage, TC, power curves, voltage, and bypass modes) and is probably one of the best boards on the market right now in my opinion. With the main controls on the side the contoured fire button has been moved around to the front of the mod above the squonk bottle, this layout has been perfect for trigger and thumb firing as well.

Up top there’s a 24mm 510 squonk plate with a little room to spare for larger atomisers, 26 mm shouldn’t be a problem but you’ll start to overhang a bit on the front with a 27~28mm atomiser.
Ob3AL3Nw_JjXXi18A3eiyT2pCDJdMk5lO7TvrdQBKJLdEaseV_Z07MAYpSjjDI1uQs-qKOwpriLXwFWDcqxrOzHRbVb4U_-ZQu1CpjV7ODm3uMgGfxgxO45cmaTEhpzN7fnOUV5m

The battery tube is accessed via a screw-in cap at the base with polarity clearly marked on the cap and the spring loaded contact at the base of the tube. This passed both of my oversized 21700 battery tests with ease so you shouldn’t have any issues on that front.

On-board fast charging is available via the USB-C port at the bottom of the control panel. In my test this peaked at around 1.5 amps but as always I’d recommend using a dedicated charger whenever possible.
x9zsmavBAqAa6mMlP_tc0eDtaqrDvBdK_YEP2a5DQyMxBtdmv0h-P4NSqSThQH4_eEWPupEd_WbMht-xUlN289FiY5JfpNFNJuR2Y0mhbrzzao_0BYpfQZOAvKplua82r1JEYBo8

The squonk bottle is in a carrier system which slides into the main body on a rail system and promises a leak free squonking system. I’ve seen promises like this before and always come away disappointed (and covered in eliquid!) but this does appear to live up to the hype for once. The squonk bottle itself has a spring loaded squonk tube which only opens once you press it into place and the spring loaded 510 has a similar system which closes if there’s no atomiser present and both systems do seem to work. Lost Vape have even made it to fill the 9.5ml capacity bottle with a removable cap on the bottom of the bottle, be careful not to drop this though as it is quite small and could be easily lost.

One slight downside I did notice with the squonk bottle was that I would occasionally find that the carrier system had slipped down slightly whilst squonking, this disengages the bottle's squonk system and you’ll feel the pressure needed to press the bottle increase. It did do the job it’s supposed to and stopped eliquid gushing everywhere so all in all this has been one of the easiest and cleanest squonk experiences I’ve had to date, hopefully we’ll see more of this in the future.
TnVtg07ds3M5BA6AIX4DYuKRpWlNIE6uHyT57AA0UYNDVFbfpMQhgsKcgMMxX6lCl0yHzqfmmhnFtLQv-H_UkXxXGCOa5AOJQ3CLbhMqVoRH7q2RUcqaOaFt157S4b4pUa2i8ti_

The second bottle in the box isn’t a spare squonk bottle as I had originally thought but a refillable bottle designed to be used with non-squonkable RDA’s and RTA’s. This replaces the squonk window with a blanked off plate and means you have a mod with a built in bottle for on the go, this isn’t something I’ve used but I could see it coming in handy if this was your only mod.
HVndir8BcT70XEli9giXb-Rtgac4r6AQN611_9GK7nsZqWiRih72tTxuktRSEBd8HGgNEwYTE5nF5Tn4hwE03Mvj0-kUERc5l1nXQnE6KtLxVVj5ooddt4_7bGImT1YwEfFv6l_m

The full kit also contains the Centaurus Solo RDA which looks like it will also be available separately. This follows a traditional four piece design although the airflow is anything but standard, it comes in through the sides and is then directed down and finally up to the bottom sides of the coil. I expected this to be quite loud and turbulent given all the odd angles the airflow has to travel through but this hasn’t proven to be the case in practice, this design also has the advantage of making it pretty difficult to over squonk (which is something I’m prone to do on a regular basis!)
8Fz7zYQXNKV6Chrs0Xc1pJPRpLRzQcYPQ4WAMwESer-Zr6r9Mnu6vg52VL3D9vwsuYgHG35qFIUBEJm_4ZTvLoDRQ7P7rwWJb8T3KzGHPQcp4gkhhk6ESWgtTUSMMWJIDhX0S577

The design of the deck means that you will need to put a slight curve in your coil legs to scoop the coil into place otherwise the airflow opposite the posts gets in the way, there’s plenty of space to clip your leads at the back as well. The juice wells are pretty big as well so there’s plenty of room for your wicks. Flavour is pretty decent but I may try raising the coil a little more next time around to try and get a bit more airflow under the coil.

Pros:
  • Leak free squonk system
  • Up to Lost Vapes excellent standards
  • 21700 battery for decent battery life

Cons:
  • Squonk carrier system can come loose
  • A bit heavy

Conclusion:

Lost Vape calls this the “King of Squonk” and I’d have to agree. This has been the first truly leak free squonk system I’ve come across and it’s all backed up by the superb Quest 2 chipset and 21700 battery capacity. If you’ve never tried squonking before I’d say this would make an excellent jump off point and if you find it’s not for you then you have a superb 21700 mod with a built in 9.5ml bottle carrier to use with standard atomisers.

Many thanks to Lost Vape for sending the Centaurus Quest BF kit out for review.
f3OlhaacEkU9JU3AfgLwaWiYlXL5PN16lpEfIsYHjoJ2sLCis-FyfQioeXhMv5vsW0nujQTOsl2EHFQe-vdEgyTZSYz-IMkL2LVelMiEWhWjIMSx6wZ1iAzgMthTCZ_M-Yb-tMHx

@Lost Vape Official

Innokin
Back
Top Bottom