What's new

More power

RicModMaker

Vendor
I'm pretty sure people will say its dangerous and no, I haven't tried it, but I was wondering if its safe(ish) to stack 18350 to double the power to an Igo-W dual coil. I love the single coil in my Igo-L and the thought of doubling the vapour is tempting.
Would someone stupid enough to stack 18650s blow their face off doing this?

Well you effectively double the voltage so two 3.7 volt batteries will blast out 7.4 volts which would most likely blow your coil, two fresh batteries will run 4.2 so stacked that's 8.4 volts, also if the two batteries are uneven in their age and capacity left in then they won't get along well with each other. I wouldn't recommend this

I guess what im trying to work out is the difference between 1 2ohm coil and one battery and 2 2ohm coils and 2 batteries.

Its not an advisable thing to do. Just have a go at building a lower ohm coil, that will give you a warmer vape and more vapor production

Its not worth the risk tbh

Sent from my LT22i using Planet of the Vapes mobile app

If you use 2 2ohm coils you halve the resistance down to 1ohm already.

Having stacked batteries hitting a 1 ohm load with 8volts of power puts you vaping at ~64Watts.

SIXTY FOUR! - which is nuts.

1 battery with dual 2ohm coils running at 1 ohm gets you to 16watts which is cloudsville.

i just built a dual on my little dripper with cotton wick. 6 wraps of .32 kanthal. its 0.6 ohms and bloody hell not only do the coils glow likea belisha beacon but the clouds are huge. throat hit is a killer on menthols like ive just sucked down a whole pack of xxx strong mints and my cinnamon red is on a par with vaping liquid fre. all off a single 18650 efest.. i think if you get coils and wick right theres really no need to risk dual batteries.
talking of which my ew batteries just arrived. a8350 for stealth and the new efest 2600mah 18650. its a flat top yet im having trouble actually doing up my mech completely even with top pin screwed right in as its about 2-3mm longer than my button top.. beast of a thing.

And bugger me if the battery I got has wrong info on website. The 2600 efest is actually NOT imr as listed and is unprotected....arghhh another mess to sort out..its only 4.2 amps as well so useless for dual coil sub ohm builds

64 watts does seem a little excessive ;-) . It was really theoretical. Its just I've found that using more coil, 2 for example is slower to heat up. I guess its getting near sub ohm for a quick fire dual coil. I'll coil up a couple of 2ohms and see tomorrow. Cheers

If you use 2 2ohm coils you halve the resistance down to 1ohm already.

Having stacked batteries hitting a 1 ohm load with 8volts of power puts you vaping at ~64Watts.

SIXTY FOUR! - which is nuts.

1 battery with dual 2ohm coils running at 1 ohm gets you to 16watts which is cloudsville.

I'd better get some better batteries first don't you think? Ive only got Torchys 18650s. Are they man enough?

Torchys I belive will give you 10A which are man enough for .5 ohm coils with plenty to spair, so you could push it a little further

Back
Top Bottom