What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Quitting smoking cigarettes by vaping

Noircesar25

Hello everyone, this is my first post here and my first day of vaping, I'm trying to quite smoking because my lungs are in very bad conditions and I don't have that iron well to cut all the nicotine off, so the thing is I've been smoking since I was 14 years old and now I'm 25, and I feel like I'm 60 years old. Would I feel better after 1 or 2 months of vaping? Or its all just the same and I'm gonna still have heavy breathing?
I have been searching every social media website for an answer from people who have done it, and everything on YouTube is talking about how harmful and addictive the vape is.
All thoughts are valuable and appreciated, Thank you very much!!

Hello and welcome to the planet and congrats on giving up smoking as for your question its hard to say how you will feel after 1 - 2 months of vaping as everyone is different myself like you i started smoking when i was 12 years old and now i have been vaping about 8 years now and some find it hard and others find it easy when they first start vaping and take to it right away just keep reminding yourself that you are not a smoker anymore and that you are a vaper good luck with your vape journey and just enjoy .

Hi and welcome. My own experience is that my breathing has improved dramatically as well as other health improvements. It might take a few weeks for all the crap from smoking to work through your system first though. Vaping is still considered to be 95% safer than smoking by the NHS but of course there is always some risk. I would you to give vaping a good go and ask lots of questions on here.

Hello @Noircesar25 and welcome to POTV. As has been said, it can take a few weeks or months for your lungs to clear out from smoking. I found there was a lot of clearing to be done, and it took a while. As long as you stay off the cigarettes you will continue to see improvement and it is well worth it in the long run.

Good luck!

Welcome to the planet, well done on taking the first step to get off the stinkies, you will probably go through some trial and error with vaping finding your solution whether you enjoy mouth to lung style vaping (like smoking a cigarette style) or direct to lung, there will be some trial and error finding what nicotine level satisfies your cravings, and what suits you best in terms of vaping equipment you choose, you will probably also catch the disease most of us vapers get when we start vaping and thats called 'shinyitus' where you see new mods and tanks and start buying more and more !!! Happens to alot of us

In terms of how you will feel after a couple of months, I dont think it will take that long but can vary all of us are different, generally though, your lungs will start to improve, your taste buds will start to come back, you're coughing up half a lung every morning will decrease, your fingers won't be brown and you won't stink of smoke, your wallet will probably be about the same when starting off but it gets better and cheaper the more you learn

Keep at it and one of the best pieces of advise is dont have any cigs around you or buy them, if you don't have them handy then you can't smoke them

Also get yourself a back up vape device, in case you primary device breaks, runs out of batteries etc

Any advise you need ask away, mostly a friendly bunch on here and dont be put off asking a question

Hello and welcome, I was a smoker for about 60years started vaping around four months ago. I took to it straight away don’t even want a fag now. I found an eliquid I like and 6ml nicotine which I find just right it’s trial and error till you find what suits you’re taste. Good luck with your journey try and keep off the fags.

Welcome To POTV and to the world of vaping.

i had been a smoker for 20 plus years.

I tried to quite using patches etc but it never worked.

vaping for me was a slow transition and took me around 6 months to fully quit.

im an avid walker and I found within 2 months that my recovery rate from walks like Scafell and Snowdon improved massively after I fully transitioned , and muscle’s ached less due to improved circulation.

not going to lie it was a struggle for me to stop smoking but glad I did.

Another thing about vaping is it’s positive mental effect.

within the world of vaping there is a huge community like here we’re you get a support system and depending on how far you go it can become a hobby making your own juice, coils and even devices and is a great distraction from cravings

In fact quitting smoking and starting vaping actual got me a Job at Dovpo.

My advice is not to put undue pressure on yourself, enjoy the journey. Buy a selection of some 10ml juices to try and find your flavour.

ask as many questions as you want no matter how trivial they may seem.

Good Luck

Personally I didn't notice a 'huge' difference even after 4/5 months, although now looking back 22 months later there's a substantial difference. The body can take a very long time to heal and recover so don't be disappointed if you don't see a night and day difference after a couple of months, just keep at it. :)

You have come to the right place! I have been vaping for about 8yrs now and for me it is a great hobby. I got so much help in the early days from here and no question is too silly to ask we all had to learn by asking questions so never feel that something you need to is not worth asking. Good luck and keep us informed of how you are getting on.

I gave up smoking through vaping 6 years ago and health wise I feel much better, far less breathless and no smoker's cough. For me it was the only way I could kick the fags as it is so close to smoking but without all the nasty stuff you get from cigarettes. I did find vaping made me cough when I first started but that went away quite quickly so if that happens for you just persevere with it.

Giving up smoking and not switching to vaping is best but vaping is a much better alternative than smoking so ignore whatever you may come across in social or other media.

Good luck.

Back
Top Bottom