What's new

Review Black Note V Range

Netvaper

Achiever
Having recently finished trying four of the five Black Note V range I thought I’d post a short review for anyone who may be interested as there doesn’t seem to be a review of them on here.

Black Note is a California based company who are probably familiar to most tobacco vaping aficionados as makers of premium quality naturally extracted tobacco liquids. Two ranges are available in the UK, the Classic range which is produced from small batch, single origin tobacco leaves and the V range which mainly consist of several different blends of tobacco leaves from the same variety. One analogy I have seen is the Classic range is comparable to single malt whisky and the V range to blended whisky. Both ranges have names based on musical themes with the V range being music genres.

The V range is the cheaper of the two and comes in five varieties, JAZZ, POP, HOUSE, ROCK and REGGAE. The latter is a menthol blend and while I like reggae music I can’t say the same about menthol tobacco so I didn’t try this one but it is made from Virginia tobacco varieties and is described as minty and crisp.

With no restrictions on the size of e-liquid bottles containing nicotine in the US there is no need for shortfills there so unfortunately all of Black Note’s liquids are currently only available in the UK in 10ml bottles with a variety of nicotine strengths and are all 50PG/50VG liquids. They’re available from Vapour UK and the code POTV will get you 5% off. Here’s what I thought of vaping them, all 6mg, in a Triton Mini tank with a 1.8ohm Clapton coil.

JAZZ - described as ‘an American blend of tobacco, aged and fermented in wine oak barrels, which adds woody and fruity tones to its overall essence’. A medium strength tobacco flavour, I couldn’t quite put my finger on what those tones are but I suppose ‘fruity’ is as good as any description, I didn’t find it especially woody. It’s an easy to vape liquid and those ‘fruity tones’ are well to the fore so if you like that you should like this one. For me it is more an occasional vape than an all day one.

POP - described as ‘a rich and relaxing English blend with a background of fruitiness, reminiscent of English pipe tobacco.’ A milder tobacco flavour than I was expecting with pipe tobacco in the description. It is certainly fruity and is more up front than in the background and rather took me by surprise, it is almost perfumed. If you like a mild tobacco that is fruity with a fair bit of sweetness you should like this. Again more of a now and again vape than all day for me.

HOUSE - described as ‘a delicate, light, complex, spicy and sweetly aromatic Oriental tobacco blend.’ A stronger tobacco flavour than I was expecting from the description. It has a spicy flavour to it but isn’t overpowering or overly sweet so if you like that then this may appeal, I liked it and it’s more of all day vape for me than the first two.

ROCK - described as ‘a strong and complex Italian blend of tobacco, a fire-cured Kentucky blend, the same variety found in the Italian Toscano cigar, this vigorous blend provides a slightly sweet caramelised taste upon exhale.’ This one certainly has a stronger tobacco flavour than the others though not as strong or as cigar like as the description might imply. It has a good measure of sweetness but not overly so and nor is it too dry, for me it is fine as an all day vape.

These liquids are all fresh, smooth and very well made naturally extracted tobacco vapes with no really noticeable smell from the bottle or when vaped. They are all quite different but I enjoyed them all and used them all up which is always a good sign.

Juice is of course all about what your own taste buds tell you and these are just what mine say but if you like straight tobacco and haven’t tried these I’d recommend giving them a go.

Thanks for the review. Haven't had Black Note in ages. Shame about the bottle size.

Yes it's a shame only 10ml bottles. My usual juice is Drakes but I've no idea what is going on with them but they are very low on stock at Naturevape for a long time now and sold out of shortfills so I've been looking at alternatives, hence I tried the Black Note V range, and some 10ml samples from Juice Cabin and Bestecigliquids.

Sounds really good, I can’t recall having a NET tobacco before, it’s something I’ve always meant to try though. Will give this a go

Sounds really good, I can’t recall having a NET tobacco before, it’s something I’ve always meant to try though. Will give this a go

I've tried lots of straight tobacco and nets are far and away the the best imo. I hope you'll like them and post what you think.

Back
Top Bottom