What's new

Genny style atty woes

Thanks for the help. Ive got 400 mesh. Do you think 200 or 300 would wick better? I'm thinking of making a tube with a tiny bit of silica to stop it pouring out. Any thoughts?

200 will wick quicker yes, what a lot do wrong id not think of the
VG/PG and mesh they are using, its all a learning curve on genny tanks

Ive switched over to my RSST and its Vaping much better. I checked the ohms and its at a high 2.1ohms. The coil on my AgaT2 is at 1.4ohms. Maybe its burning too hot? What do you reckon?

I vape 50/50. What do you reckon?

50/50 same here mate, I use 200 mesh but the atties I use wick better with 200. I've had the Rsst and try 325 mate. Ive read you get dry hits and burns which you should not. Make sure you are not coiling too tight.
My atties are around 1.5mm and I use 1.2 drill bit coil it up 3 wraps and then cut the mesh on the 45 degree, I never use more than 17mm width as well mate, a lot use too much and this stops it from wicking well.

I would not drill the hole bigger as I have read in above post, the atty was made with 2mm for a reason TBH, I know its frustrating but stick with it.

the key is not to
strangle your wick (it needs to be a snug fit as it goes in the coil.

when you pulse the coil to the wick, make sure the central wick lights first and then they all even light, if you have one brighter than another its not correct.

like this (only atty I use with 500 mesh as the modder made it in mind for 500 mesh and 35mm width)

one step further as I see you like to chain Vape, drill your second hole and U wick it, this will help for you, any Atty I have with U wick I do so (bloody awesome and takes away the need to do any sort of genny tilt)

(sorry crap Pic)

or as some have said SS rope but FFS not ekowool or silica sleeve use a small piece of mesh this will clog your coil up too damn quick, the only issue with SS rope is it can sometimes flood your atty (dependant on which atty you use :) )

Hope that helps a little mate

Carl

50/50 same here mate, I use 200 mesh but the atties I use wick better with 200. I've had the Rsst and try 325 mate. Ive read you get dry hits and burns which you should not. Make sure you are not coiling too tight.
My atties are around 1.5mm and I use 1.2 drill bit coil it up 3 wraps and then cut the mesh on the 45 degree, I never use more than 17mm width as well mate, a lot use too much and this stops it from wicking well.

I would not drill the hole bigger as I have read in above post, the atty was made with 2mm for a reason TBH, I know its frustrating but stick with it.

the key is not to
strangle your wick (it needs to be a snug fit as it goes in the coil.

when you pulse the coil to the wick, make sure the central wick lights first and then they all even light, if you have one brighter than another its not correct.

like this (only atty I use with 500 mesh as the modder made it in mind for 500 mesh and 35mm width)

one step further as I see you like to chain Vape, drill your second hole and U wick it, this will help for you, any Atty I have with U wick I do so (bloody awesome and takes away the need to do any sort of genny tilt)

(sorry crap Pic)

or as some have said SS rope but FFS not ekowool or silica sleeve use a small piece of mesh this will clog your coil up too damn quick, the only issue with SS rope is it can sometimes flood your atty (dependant on which atty you use :) )

Hope that helps a little mate

Carl

Nice one Carl. Lots of food for thought there. I think I'll get some 200 mesh. I don't strangle the wicks as I make the coils and attach them before I wiggle in the wick. Im hopeful that 200 does the job. I tend to use .28 kanthal, do you use .2 for a 3 wrap coil?

This is my 0.2 kanthal coil,I also used a little fibreglass tissue to aid the seating of the coil which I wound on a 2 mm drill bit before heating on a gas cooker to squeeze the coils together. Was driving me mental trying to get a wick/coil that didn't fry the coil seating(cotton wool works until I get a hotspot or the wick dries out)

Sent by lazer from just north of the world's largest nuclear dustbin

Attachments

• 1385417899456.jpg
    1385417899456.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 31
Back to the .2 tomorrow I think. The RSST seems to be behaving itself now. 4 wraps of .2 1.9ohms with the 400 mesh. I'll order some 200 SS mesh and see how that works out in the Aga. Thanks for all your help. Top people :-)

Back
Top Bottom