What's new

POTV Gentleman's Snusing Circle - Opening soon :D

@AndyC1971, I just read the wiki and I had a cynical laugh at this_

The World Health Organization (WHO) acknowledges Swedish men have the lowest rate of lung cancer in Europe, partly due to the low tobacco smoking rate, but does not argue for substituting snus for smoking, citing the effects of snus still remain unclear.

Unclear? After all the studies done for decades? Geez...

This Gentleman understood it though:

Snus may be less harmful than other tobacco products; according to Kenneth Warner, director of the University of Michigan Tobacco Research Network, "The Swedish government has studied this stuff to death, and to date, there is no compelling evidence that it has any adverse health consequences. …Whatever they eventually find out, it is dramatically less dangerous than smoking."

And you will have less cavities since you have more saliva in your mouth. :D

Forgive me if I don't join in AndyC1971... and if you ever come near me with that stuff in your gob, I won't be held responsible for my actions ;) Just the thought of it turns my stomach!

Sorry to derail the thread (albeit only slightly). On the 8th of December I will be embarking on a two and a half thousand mile road trip to Finland, taking me pretty much the length of Sweden, all the way up the side of the Caspian Sea. Does anybody know how available snus is? Is it like stopping at a BP and grabbing a pack of Bensons? Or will I have to drive into a town and find a Snus-bacconist?

Well, you will be hard pressed to find a BP over here ;) but sure, its sold everywhere.

Well, you will be hard pressed to find a BP over here ;) but sure, its sold everywhere.

Well that settles it then. I shall do my utmost to procure, for your delectation, a sample of Swedish Match Snus on my travels. I feel a bit like Phileas Fogg now :D

Woohoo.......and its here :D

20131130_180353.jpg

OK.....can all of those that want to try this, PM me your address. There are 7 different types as 2 of these tins are for Dexter as a thank you :)

Dexter can you PM me your addy as well please :)

Woohoo.......and its here :D

View attachment 15342

OK.....can all of those that want to try this, PM me your address. There are 7 different types as 2 of these tins are for Dexter as a thank you :)

Dexter can you PM me your addy as well please :)

You are very generous mate :D I'll drop you my details, and I've got some new cans sitting in the local sorting office waiting to be collected. I'll send you over a can when I get it. I'm also working on getting some POTV mini snus tins - and I'll get the first one made off to you. Thanks a million mate. :D

Back
Top Bottom