What's new

Genny style atty woes

RicModMaker

Vendor
I've got an RSST and an Aga T2 and they are doing my head in. Granted, I like to chain vape deep long pulls but the wicks I'm doing can't keep up. I think I've tried everything. SS mesh square rolled, SS mesh half size so its less dense, SS mess rolled round silica, silica on its own, long silica going down 2 holes.
None of these methods can keep up with me.
Are these destined to go on the classies or is there another way I can get more juice to the coil, only I'm starting to think Genny style at ties are wrong for me.
Hopefully someone can help.

try this one.
get some cotton wool. roll a thin tube about 2-3mm thick and about 2 inches long.
now get your SS mesh and cut out your normal sized required rectangle.
flame the mesh flat. now roll the mesh around the cotton wool and keep rolling into it'll fit in your atty hole. trim off the cotton wool sticking out the top and leave a few mm sticking out the bottom ( good idea to give the cotton wool some juice soaking before you roll it in the mesh.. bit messy bit saves risk of burning later.
ok now the fun part. get another piece of cotton wool and pull it apart until you have a fluffy ball with lots of strands.. now "stroke the cotton wool with the mesh where your coil is gonnna go. rolling the mesh around as you go. do this about 20-30 times until you build up a fine layer /coating of wispy cotton wool around your mesh.
now wrap ya coil around this. .32 with 4 wraps should do the job... now you have to rely on your skills here as you cant pulse it and check for hotspots so you need to get the coil right. .. coast in some juice down the mesh and over the col and the cotton wool underneath.. .. fill ya tank and vape away ya boots!

rip tripper also has a build similar using cotton wool as a feeder like an auto dripper in an atty. check out some of hes youtube vids.

hope that helps some

" I like to chain vape deep long pulls " everything in life has it`s limits @Seedy If you are trying to push it beyond what it was designed for, then you have to look at something else. I took up vapiung to substitute smoking, my RSST, IGO-W and my mods are more than up to the job imo.

try this one.
get some cotton wool. roll a thin tube about 2-3mm thick and about 2 inches long.
now get your SS mesh and cut out your normal sized required rectangle.
flame the mesh flat. now roll the mesh around the cotton wool and keep rolling into it'll fit in your atty hole. trim off the cotton wool sticking out the top and leave a few mm sticking out the bottom ( good idea to give the cotton wool some juice soaking before you roll it in the mesh.. bit messy bit saves risk of burning later.
ok now the fun part. get another piece of cotton wool and pull it apart until you have a fluffy ball with lots of strands.. now "stroke the cotton wool with the mesh where your coil is gonnna go. rolling the mesh around as you go. do this about 20-30 times until you build up a fine layer /coating of wispy cotton wool around your mesh.
now wrap ya coil around this. .32 with 4 wraps should do the job... now you have to rely on your skills here as you cant pulse it and check for hotspots so you need to get the coil right. .. coast in some juice down the mesh and over the col and the cotton wool underneath.. .. fill ya tank and vape away ya boots!

rip tripper also has a build similar using cotton wool as a feeder like an auto dripper in an atty. check out some of hes youtube vids.

hope that helps some

Thanks for that. I'll give it a go but I'm starting to think pulling juice upwards is too slow whatever I do. I'll try though so fingers crossed.

ss rope is worth a try, it has a tendency to over wick but its great for when you need to get loads of juice to your coil.

Seedy the other thing with genesis atties is the 'genny tilt', you need to tilt the atty every so often to the wicking material and I also ensure I lift and tilt as I vape... you probably already do this but it is a consideration not already mentioned ;)

SS rope with ekowool sleeve on top half of ss rope, then rap coil around ekowool sleeve. ive got the rsst and agat2 both set up with this and work a treat. gimme a shout if you get stuck.

Back
Top Bottom