What's new

Review Cotton and Cable Dessert Box

andipandi

Legend
cc3.jpg

cc1.jpg

cc2.jpg

Today I am reviewing the Dessert box set of 50ml shortfills that I won in a giveaway from @CharlieC&C at Cotton and Cable, thanks very much Charlie :) These were all reviewed using my pair of Profile Unity's, I won't be waffling, just making my points and observations.

Custard Tart:

Upon opening I was immediately assailed with a strong smell of Custard, one could almost taste it in the air. First vape, yes this is definitely a custard tart but it's an egg custard tart. Being a DIYer I'm accustomed to reading descriptions of the many vanilla custard and custard concentrates out there, with often mention of various amounts of eggyness and the like. Tbh, I've never really tasted the egg, in a custard, until now. Usually with custards the flavour starts to fade, within a tank or two, not this time. Not too sweet, rich egg custard on the inhale, with brown sugar on the exhale, I confess I didn't pick up too much caramelisation. The pastry is also there, on the inhale, and it comes with that wetness I associate with custard tart pastry. This is an excellent custard, I caned the 50ml in 24 hours, it was that good.

Butter Mint:

I wasn't actually going to vape this one, I generally don't do mint or anything menthol, but I thought I would give it a go. Not much to say here, a smooth buttery mint, very much reminiscent of Mintoes and perhaps Murray Mints. I was left a tad underwhelmed, but overall there's nothing wrong with this flavour, it's just not me.

Baked Apple:

Opening this one up I could smell green apples and of course the cinnamon, spices play havoc with my sinuses, notably cinnamon, hence I wasn't sure how much of this one I could vape, but there have been no issues. Upon having a vape I got an immediate and expected rush of sweet cinnamon, both on the inhale and on the exhale. I struggled to taste any apple at all, perhaps a little at the end. That hasn't stopped me vaping this one though, I didn't expect to be able to vape it, let alone enjoy it, as much as I have. I cant visit a cinnamon vape often, I'm glad I tried this one, and finished the bottle!

Eton Mess:

What is an Eton Mess, a cottaging incident involving Boris and Call me Dave?? :D So, I had to look it up; Meringue, Cream and Strawberry, maybe some other fruits, if you desire. A hefty smell of berry when I opened the bottle, that could be good or bad, some berry flavours taste awfully synthetic and plastic,they can be repugnant to me, I'm not big on berries, outside of raspberry and strawberry, this one smells like blackberry.

From the start I loved it, a wonderful powdery meringue on the inhale, perhaps I expected more cream, it is there, at a lower level. I wasn't getting much strawberry, or perhaps much raspberry, but I did get a massive hit of blackberry - a wonderful blackberry, it's the fruity backbone of this vape and I loved it. The pick of the bunch, packing a big fruity berry wallop. Top stuff, the full on flavour never faded. This juice is as good, if not better than the best of any commercially produced liquid I've tried, I cant say anymore than that!

You can get yours from Cotton and Cable for £14.99 for 50ml, use the POTV discount code POTV25 for a walloping discount :2thumbsup:

Last edited:
Fun review, cheers ..... I especially enjoyed the custard tart, right up until the last sentence I thought you were going to hate it. :18:

being 'assailed' with a strong smell of Custard, soggy pastry and an egginess, is not something I'd be so happy about. :D

being 'assailed' with a strong smell of Custard, soggy pastry and an egginess, is not something I'd be so happy about. :D

That's what supermarket egg custard tarts taste like, they are the most perverted of bakery products, better off vaping the/ this stuff :D

WOW, thank you so much for that in depth review, really appreciate the time you spent going through them all!

You sure do have a good array of taste buds, so pleased you enjoyed them.

Have a great evening,
Charlie :)

Great review mate, the custard tart sounds fantastic. Also love the hot cross bun by C&C, they make some great liquids for sure.

Back
Top Bottom