What's new

Kanger Protank 3

Yeah the dual coils what come with the protank 3 are rubbish to be honest ..
I have rebuilt single coils which perform a lot better than these !

Ok. Then I have a question for you or two. See I been putting off trying to rebuild due to the lack or insulation on the wire (compared to what the coils in the aspire looks like) and I can seethe coils short easier on these heads. Any advice in that respect?

Ok. Then I have a question for you or two. See I been putting off trying to rebuild due to the lack or insulation on the wire (compared to what the coils in the aspire looks like) and I can see the coils short easier on these heads. Any advice in that respect? (refereeing to Dual Coils)

I havent tried to rebuild these dual coils yet but i have just cracked one open to see how
they work ..you seem to make one coil up .. then put a tiny bit of wick on top of that .. then put
your next coil on top of that and thread it thru the first wick .. if you havent rebuilt one of these
before i would suggest try building a regular single coil first... single coils are not that difficult to make at
all once you have had a few goes ! ive been lucky and havent had any shorts as yet ... you just need to make sure you
have one end of the wire on the outside of the rubber gromet and the other end of the wire straight through in and just make sure
your coil isnt touching any of the metal edges

Thanks. I have rebuild one before still working on perfecting my skills. but what you are saying about how its build confirmed what I been thinking

i have just tried to rebuild a dual coil and its now tucked away nice and cosey in my front garden ! thrown straight out
of the window in a rage way to much messing about for me

i am still a long way away from building coils.. at least a bit lazy to do so.. i agree with the quality of vape on the pt3.. its worse than what i get on my evod with a 1.8 ohm coil... still waiting for my air controller to come in! :(

You all need to buy an iclear 30s. It's the best of the dual coil devices by a mile

Thanks dayloon... Will be trying in the near future.. Was more convinced with the bottom coil technology because gravity takes care of providing the liquid to the coil!

I got my PT3 this morning. Overall first impressions are...it's the same vape as my self coiled PT2. The dual coils add nothing but a extra bit of incentive to try it...but it's totally no different. No more vapour, no more taste (that I'm noticing anyway) and one of the heads that came with it reads 0.7 ohms...so wont fire in my MVP, I'm not going to touch it :)

It is an airier draw compared to the PT2, but still gives off a good amount of vapour and flavour. As others have said, I wouldn't even consider recoiling, it's just not worth it. Although, judging by my (so far) 50% success rate with the heads I'm not convinced this is an improvement.

Overall it is a decent little clearo. It's glass, gives good vapour and flavour, and looks good. I woudn't buy another though. I wouldn't even advise anyone to get one (right now) because the PT2 is just as good, a £ or two cheaper and you can recoil them yourself. Time to try me an iclear30s now :D

Back
Top Bottom