What's new

Which tank for Crown Rafale coils?

muckyboy

Initiate
So I've been landed a stash of Uwell Rafale Coils but wanted to ask which tanks are compatible and which is the best.
I believe the Rafael tank (obvs) and the Crown 2 (directly or with modified contacts?) But is the crown 3 an option.
I know this is old tech but I only recently stopped using the Crown 1 tank as it was a real favourite of mine and I have too many coils too let them go to waste (30)!

The Crown SE1 takes them as well I think. Was a sort of in-between the Crown 1 and the Crown 2 that also takes the crown 2 coils.

I think the Crown 3 was entirely different. @MrDJ will know for sure as he was the one that put me onto the SE1.

As above crown se1 is the best. Crown 3 completely different coils.

So I've been landed a stash of Uwell Rafale Coils but wanted to ask which tanks are compatible and which is the best.
I believe the Rafael tank (obvs) and the Crown 2 (directly or with modified contacts?) But is the crown 3 an option.
I know this is old tech but I only recently stopped using the Crown 1 tank as it was a real favourite of mine and I have too many coils too let them go to waste (30)!
The Crown SE1 takes them as well I think. Was a sort of in-between the Crown 1 and the Crown 2 that also takes the crown 2 coils.

I think the Crown 3 was entirely different. @MrDJ will know for sure as he was the one that put me onto the SE1.

i can concur.
the crown 3 and above are totally different and are not backward compatable.

the raphael coils will fit 3 tanks only. raphael, crown 2 and SE1 and vice versa the crown 2 coils with the gold dome shape will fit all 3 tanks as well.

i buggered up my raph tank trying to get the spiral spitback out so dumped it.
thank to tpd i managed to buy 5 SE1 tanks for £10 so am still using them and the 2 now.

i also bought a box off 100 tubes of the raphael coils from china for 99cents a tube but wished i hadnt bothered as they were lasting around 1.5 days. i finally used the last one about 4 months ago.
ive now bought up 50 tubes of crown 2 coils for £1.99 each but sadly they seem to be the same and only lasting 1-2 days at max. once these have gone im retiring my se1 and crown 2 tanks.
thankfully ive still got my number 1 tanks the crown 1 and 25 boxes of coils to keep me going for a few years :D

I'm struggling to find anywhere to buy a crown SE1 tank. Anyone have any leads???

posted at same time as i thought they are discontinued. great find Crewella

Managed to find a seller on the evilbay who with multibuy offers three Crown 2 (kits with two coils) for £18 delivered. Reckon that's me squared away for tanks and coils for a few years!

great find.
to me the this original crown 1 is the king of all the older crown tanks BUT the original 0.25 coils were the bollox but for some reason they changed them around 3 years ago and the wattage range dropped 10w and personally they are not as good as the original coil. still very good though and ive got over 100 to get through once ive used up all the crown 2 coils in in the se1 tank.

Back
Top Bottom