What's new

Nic salt to liquid conversion

Mr Toff

Postman
A friend has asked me to mix him some juice.
I use 70mg nic liquid, he uses nic salts at thee moment.
He says his vape is 3mg salts.
Would I use 3% strength on my mix calculator, or would it be stronger than that ?

A friend has asked me to mix him some juice.
I use 70mg nic liquid, he uses nic salts at thee moment.
He says his vape is 3mg salts.
Would I use 3% strength on my mix calculator, or would it be stronger than that ?
Your calculator should have the nic strength displayed in both mg and %. That way there is no confusion then.

I'm ok with mg/%, it's just about the decimal point.
I've read that the nic strength is different with salts, and wondered how to convert from one to the other.
I don't want to make it too strong or too weak for him.

I'm ok with mg/%, it's just about the decimal point.
I've read that the nic strength is different with salts, and wondered how to convert from one to the other.
I don't want to make it too strong or too weak for him.
The strength of freebase and nic salts are exactly the same. The difference is that nic salts are less harsh on the throat. 3mg strength of freebase nic is 3mg of nic salt.

People tend to use a higher nic salt strength when vaping in a low powered pod to get the nic kick. Vaping that same strength in a higher powered mod/tank at higher wattage will be to harsh on the throat.

Whatever strength ur mate is vaping with at the moment I would mix that strength for him. As you pointed out in your opening post, he's vaping at 3mg. Irrespective of what type of nic you use, whether that's nic salts or freebase nic, 3mg strength is 3mg.

Last edited:
Thanks for clearing that up guys.
I must've misunderstood the article I read, and confused the strength of hit with the nic strength.

Back
Top Bottom