What's new

Switch to RTA

Well, I’d say that a unanimous decision. As soon as I finish this pack of coils I’m going to make the jump.

THANKS EVERYONE

Do not wait till you are finished your stock coils.
It might be useful to have something to vape while you master the rta.
It is generally not too hard to learn to build an rta, but it is not unusual for it to take a few goes to get it right.

Jump now and master building while you still have a couple of stock coils to fall back on if required.

Well, I’d say that a unanimous decision. As soon as I finish this pack of coils I’m going to make the jump.

THANKS EVERYONE

Like Hippydude says, no need to wait. I still have a couple of stock coils for my stock tank. I've now ended up with 3 RTA's purchased in the last couple of weeks. I'm using my stock tank/coils for CBD for joint pain. 1 RTA for high nic juice, as I'm not off the smokes quite yet I use this in the morning mostly so I don't have a cig. and the other two are for my general daily puffing with different flavours and lower nic as working from home is making me a chainsmoker/vaper.

play about as much as you can/can afford. thats what I'm doing. you'll figure out what works for you

Looking at the Zeus X mesh. Does anyone know what size cotton it takes? It doesn’t look like it comes with any

cotton usually comes in small sheets and you cut strips off to suit. there's plenty youtube vids to give you an idea of making coils and things.

if you go for the coilmaster kit like I did, there is some cotton and wire with it. I only bought the kit I did as it came with an Ohms reader/firer. so go anyway you like, I am not earning any commision from this manufacturer:)

Well done on making the leap. I don't think you'll regret it, in fact I wish I'd done it sooner.

FWIW I would recommend one of these coil jigs and a pair of ceramic nosed tweezers. The jig is very cheap (about a tenner). The ceramic tweezers (about 5 quid) will let you mess about with the coil while it's still hot.

Niether is essential, but both will make your life a lot easier, particularly when you're starting out.

upload_2021-8-2_15-48-35.png

Looking at the Zeus X mesh. Does anyone know what size cotton it takes? It doesn’t look like it comes with any
6mm cotton laces are the easiest to use. Wotofo Xfiber, Steamcrave & Vapefly all do a 6mm version. Other than that a full Muji pad, remove the skins & loosen the fibres before rolling to fit under the mesh.

You get 4 Cotton Laces and 4 Mesh Strips free with the Zeus X Mesh plus the Coil Bending Tool and a Tri Tool for Screws etc. Lovely Tank and using one i bought the other day, great flavour.

So far, it’s taken me 3 failed attempts to get it right, swapped to wotofo cotton. I’m just wondering, how long will the mesh strips last? Do I need to swap with each wicking or will it last a few wicks? (Ive adapted the deck to accept other mesh and have a load of wotofo strips in stock)

So far, it’s taken me 3 failed attempts to get it right, swapped to wotofo cotton. I’m just wondering, how long will the mesh strips last? Do I need to swap with each wicking or will it last a few wicks? (Ive adapted the deck to accept other mesh and have a load of wotofo strips in stock)

as long as you do slow pulses ie around 15 watts ive had some of my mesh strip last 2 months.

The mesh will keep going for as long as you want it to pretty much. When you feel it needs re-wicking and cleaning, turn down the power on your mod to around 15-20w ish and heat the mesh till it glows slightly red, this won't take long at all. Then what I usually do is either brush off the dusty residue with a bit of tissue or an old toothbrush that I have devoted to cleaning vape gear, obviously wait till it has cooled before doing this. Then you can just pull some new cotton in and juice it up.

I've been using the same piece of OFRF mesh in my unity for a couple of months now, I only really replace it when I can't get all the gunk off or it gets distorted from heavy handed cleaning.

Back
Top Bottom