What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Sub Ohm Gas Mods Cyber RTA

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia from @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

20210718_192629~2.jpg

The Gas Mods Cyber RTA

https://www.sourcemore.com/gas-mods-cyber-rta.html

The Cyber is a 24mm single coil RTA and with the bubble glass on it holds 6ml of juice. It’s got bottom airflow control and the airflow on the deck is on the bottom also, with holes at the side of the deck airflow that you can plug with screws to adjust it as you wish. It’s not so much side airflow as side/bottom airflow. The driptip is a 510 and you can replace it with your own if you wish.

In the box you get:
1 Cyber RTA 6ml
1 Replacement Tube 3.5ml
3 Screwdriver
1 Orings Bag
2 Prebuilt Coil
1 User Manual

In the o-ring bag you also get the 6 little screws to plug the airflow in the deck. You need to use the tiny allen key you get to pop them in.

The Cyber RTA is a curious thing. I’ll fully admit I did not like it at first due to things I’ll go into but as time has gone on I’ve found it to be a pretty decent RTA now that I’ve experimented with it a bit and got used to it.

Firstly there’s the driptip. It’s just too low and loose fitted for me personally and I pretty much swapped it immediately for another of my own. The top cap also has a raised bit so any wider tips just don’t look right and overhang. I’ve got a preferred tip I use on some of my tanks and it just looked daft on the Cyber. I did find one that worked perfectly though so it’s not a major thing, just preference I suppose. Another thing that irked me at first is the fact that the glass spins when it’s all tightened up. I thought at first it was the o-rings but after replacing them I found it still spun. It doesn’t make the tank leak or anything deal breaking and now that I’ve used the tank for a while I kind of like it as it satisfies my need to fiddle with something in my hand.

20210718_193128.jpg

The deck has a bottom airflow hole on it, along with the aforementioned holes that you can plug to adjust the airflow more than you can with the airflow ring on the bottom. It’s like the MTL RTAs with airflow adjusters included. You can’t adjust these once a coil is in though so you might go through a few coils until you find the sweet spot for yourself. The deck is quite short so if you want to try and put a longer coil in it’s going to be quite hard to fit. I was finding it ok with about 5/6 wraps on some triple fused clapton or the flapton I recently bought but anything longer was getting pulled out of shape when trying to get the legs in the clamps. It would be fine with some round wire though. Another thing about the deck is that there are big wicking ports, you need a decent wedge of cotton if you plan to use anything smaller than a 3mm diameter coil in it. My first build I used too little cotton in a 2.5mm coil and it just pissed everywhere on me and I think I swallowed about half a ml of juice. Once I changed the cotton and added more it was fine so you can use 2.5mm coils no problem.

So, with my initial moany impressions out of the way I can now talk about the good things. Yes, the deck is short but if you use a chunky, low ohm coil it’s going to work well here. The wicking ports are large enough that you can fit a bigger diameter coil and the deck is wide enough to support this. I’m not sure if a 4mm would fit but a 3.5mm would be fine and you’d need some minimal thinning of the cotton before plugging the ports. I personally managed to get it set up how I like with a 3mm flapton coil coming out around 0.3 ohms but also managed to fit a lower ohm stainless steel coil in that chucked out the clouds no problem and wasn’t too warm either.

The airflow adjustment on the actual deck is the main feature (or gimmick if you like) of this tank. Fully open it works well with the chunkier coils and gives much needed airflow to cool the vape down. You can fit any amount of the 6 little screws to restrict the airflow more and also direct the flavour more to the bottom hole. In the end I have preferred just blocking off all the holes and leaving the airflow ring fully open to get the vape I like. It does seem to give a lot more flavour at the wattages I like and has the perfect restriction for me. It’s just that much more saturated at middling watts. I’ve seen some reviews that question the need for the adjustment on the actual deck at all but after playing around with it quite a bit myself I do appreciate the customisation you can have on this tank.

20210718_193034.jpg

Overall it is easy to fit a coil and easy enough to wick, as long as you remember to stuff a bit more cotton in smaller diameter coils or it will leak. I have had no leaking otherwise mind you. One other thing to watch for is cutting the legs. The bell cap is quite close to the deck so any bits of wire sticking out will give you a short.

In all I have had a bit of a journey with the Cyber RTA. From cursing it at first to actually using it as intended I’ve ended up quite liking it and in the end the only real thing that’s bothered me about it is the awful driptip. I am now getting a really nice vape from it since I have actually experimented and not just tried to fire my usual coil in. It’s got the versatility to use chunky, fancy coils that you don’t get with most single coil RTAs but works just as well with my own standard builds as well.

I’ve not had a code from Sourcemore yet but may edit this with one if they send one. At the moment the Cyber RTA is $27.59 on the site.

20210718_192705.jpg

Back
Top Bottom