What's new

After a bit of advice please

ahh with regards to how quickly the coil heats up, dumb arse me has only just realised that the gauge of the wire is more important than the ohm's! in my mind, if the ohms were say .26ohms that would heat up quicker than a coil that was .82ohms ... however, I was not taking into consideration the gauge of the wire ..

Just done a coil at .26 ohms on a very thing gauge and it heats up instantly .. my last build was a thick gauge flat wire at .22 ohms and took a hell of a long time to heat.

I'm starting to think I could be too dumb for making my own coils :8:

With my first attempts and building for mech use I realised that it was best to use builds that didn't exceed the Amp rating of the batteries, but assumed that any ohm build above that limit would be fine. My first build was a pair of 10 wrap 24ga Kanthal roundwire coils at around 0.50 ohms in a Goon. I paid so much attention to not pushing the Amp limit I'didn't realise figuring out how many watts it would provide to the coils was also pretty important - with a dual coil 0.50 ohm build on a single battery mech it wasn't many, not many at all. And genius that I am - I thought the mech was faulty.

Were all gifted in our own way.

Were all gifted in our own way.

LMAO .. well I was being VERY gifted!!!!!
Now the penny has dropped, I made another coil with a fractionally thicker wire, WOW .. I am not going to put this mech mod down for a very long time!

If I knew you could get such a good vape from a mech .. I prob would not own so many reg mods!
I will have to get my head round dual coil builds .. and dual battery etc .. allot more to learn ;)

Back
Top Bottom