What's new

Lost Vape Ursa Quest Multi Kit

Gitchy

Achiever
Lilia from @Sourcemore sent me this to try out. I am not affiliated with POTV or Sourcemore, nor do I get paid to review things.

20210526_105454.jpg

The Lost Vape Ursa Quest Multi Kit

https://www.sourcemore.com/lost-vape-ursa-quest-multi-kit.html

I also got a code to reduce the price by 25% to $38.99 and it is URSA.

There are a couple of reviews of this kit on here as it was released at the end of last year. @Astral did a cracking one just below and it made me really fancy trying it myself. I used to really not like the idea of pod kits but they’ve come a long way in the past year or so and are some are more like mods with plastic tanks. Maybe not the best for some people but I’ve been swayed by several of the ones I’ve tried and I’d say it was pods that have got me into MTL vaping as well so they have been very useful for me.

Now the Ursa Quest is a DTL only vape with the pods so if you’re after MTL it’s not here unless you use the 510 adapter and put an MTL tank on I’m afraid. It’s a single 21700 battery mod with the standard 18650 adapter that goes up to 100w so you can use both types of battery. You get 2 pods with the kit and a 510 adapter so you can use your own tanks as well. With a battery in it’s a hefty 200g weight without a pod on. I love a hefty device, they just feel right in the hand so it’s perfect for me. There are several different types of design you can get with this as well, the Ukiran Leather Series, the Crocodile Leather Series, the Wood Series and the Special Edition Embossed Leather Series, with each series having 4 colour options. Whew, that’s a lot. I ended up with the Crocodile one in black, which is pretty snazzy tbh.

In the box you get:
1 Ursa Quest Device
1 Ursa Pro Tank 7ml (Pre-installed, 810 drip tip)
1 Ursa Pod Tank 6ml (510 drip tip)
1 0.15ohm UB Pro P1 Coil
1 0.2ohm UB M4 Coil
1 510 Adaptor
1 Airflow Control Base (Pre-installed)
1 18650 Battery Adaptor
8 O-rings
1 Type-C Cable
1 Warranty Card
1 Leather Warning Card (Leather Series Only)
1 User Manual

Collage 2021-06-14 12_39_27.jpg

Function wise Lost Vape have pretty much made a mod and converted it to be used as either a mod, using the included 510 adapter (yay), or to be used as a pod system, using their new Ursa Pro pod or the plain simple Ursa pod. It’s the usual 5 clicks on and there are 3 buttons under the screen, the middle of which is (I suppose) the menu button and that lets you set the mode, function you want, much like the fire button usually does. It was a bit weird at first trying to set the wattage and the buttons just cycling through the different parts of the nicely coloured screen but once you figure out the middle button does the selecting it’s actually a very intuitive UI. The mod has the option to use power, SS904, SS316, TI, NI, VPC, Voltage or bypass modes so it’s a full TC mod as well. You can choose the preset soft, normal or hard profiles for wattage mode, as well as set 3 different user defined profiles. It really does do everything and Lost Vape have done a fantastic job with the chip in it. The UI is not gimmicky, it’s got no auto functions and it’s nice to see a pod kit with just the stuff you usually find on a good mod and no super duper smart function that will occasionally get it wrong.

Style wise the kit looks class. The leather panels do actually seem to be real leather for a change and the whole thing is nicely ergonomic. I like the reassuring weight of the kit with either a pod in or using a tank. For using the pods there is a stainless steel coloured airflow control ring that you screw on the bottom of the pod and it adds to the overall look of the kit. It’s also easy to use and will give a very nice DTL draw. You take the pod off using push buttons at the side and it pops back in if you hold the buttons and push firmly, there’s no nice click but it is pretty solidly on. You also add the 510 adapter the same way and that gives you around 30mm to play with and my Aromanizer Plus 2 fits perfectly. With the pod taken off and the mod just sitting on its own I was reminded of the Eye of Sauron from the Lord of the Rings films. It just looks like there should be a big scary orange eye in the gap. The battery door is a twist cap so will stay on solidly and it’s nicely threaded and easy to get the battery in and out of the battery tube. Branding wise there’s a small Lost Vape logo down at the bottom left on one side of the metal and an Ursa Quest logo on the bottom right side of the other side, again adding to the look overall.

Collage 2021-06-14 12_40_50.jpg

Actually using the kit is nice. The Ursa Pro pod takes a whopping 7ml of juice and the included UB Pro coil is 0.15ohms. The drip tip is an 810 and is removable so you can use your own if you wish. The coil is rated between 70 and 90w and I found it best at around 80w. I do get a weird sore throat from most open airflow tanks/pods at high wattages for some reason but it wasn’t evident here so that’s a bonus. The flavour from the coil is pretty good and it lasted me a good 5 days or so before slightly losing flavour. The vapour production is pretty good as well.

The Ursa pod is smaller at 6ml capacity and the coil is smaller too. The included coil is 0.2ohm and rated between 40 and 60w. It also has a removable 510 drip tip so again you can use your own. I found it best at around 55w and I did much prefer the vape on this compared to the Pro coils. It’s just my preference but I felt the flavour was better and the vape not quite as intense. I like it so much I’m actually going to buy some of these coils and use the pod some more, not something I do often with review pods. They usually get passed on to someone else or chucked in a cupboard so I can use the 510 adapter.

I’ll also be buying the additional RBA to see what that’s like.

The included 510 adapter opens up the kit to be used as a mod as well and I’ve not noticed any difference between this and a mod made with a 510. I used my Kylin Mini 2 on it and it works brilliantly as a mod. The battery lasts as long as a single 21700 should so there’s no noticeable power drain or disconnect that I can detect personally.

In all I really, really love this kit. It’s up there with the Artery Cold Steel as my favourite pod system/pod mod, or whatever it should be called. The pods have a big capacity if not using the TPD version, it looks lovely, feels lovely, the coils are good and the 510 adapter makes it a nice mod to use as well. I can’t think of anything I don’t like about it so will be waiting to see what Lost Vape do next with the coil system.

20210614_123812.jpg

Last edited:
Great review mate. Not for me but am glad you really like it.

This is a cracking review @Gitchy and excellently written. I loved the Eye of Sauron reference. You know I love a good cultural reference myself.

I'm so glad you like it. It's a heck of a unit, isn't it?

I agree about it's use as a mod. The clip-in 510 makes it really usable even if you can't get on with the pods, even if it is still a bit on the heavy side.

Thank you so much for the compliment on my review too, it's nice to people like them.

Peace, prosperity and sincerest blessings to you and your family, my friend.

I love your reviews mate; you are another trusty "opinion source" for me.
I cant do anything more than fully subscribe each and every word you dropped, except one thing, compared to the Cold Steel this Lost Vape URSA is far more versatile. Other than that, pretty much on par.

Cheers

I love your reviews mate; you are another trusty "opinion source" for me.
I cant do anything more than fully subscribe each and every word you dropped, except one thing, compared to the Cold Steel this Lost Vape URSA is far more versatile. Other than that, pretty much on par.

Cheers

Thanks Ozo mate. Nice to see you back on.

I do agree that the Ursa is more versatile. The stock coils are better than the Artery ones for a start. I just really liked the rba pod and the styling of the cold steel. Need to get the rba for this one to see how it compares.

Back
Top Bottom