What's new

I Must be nuts!

Mate a good centre dotter and some drill cutting compound, start with small drill and go up through the sizes, don't run your drills to fast with to much pressure else you will melt them :)
if ever you need stuff just ask!.
And most of the holes in the stainless we use is cut with our lazer. but its all looking good!!.
And for the make of drills or anything cutting holes or csk go for Dormer. (Best)
Hi @mattc1
I've finally managed to get a frame produced without any severe mistakes so it's usable but your post has got me curious if you could make what I've spent weeks on.

Oh and ignore my row of three buttons they're on the piss.

The material I've used is 25mm x 3mm stainless and I've used the DNA printable template from Stealthvape.
The fire button is 8.5mm, the up down and select buttons are 4mm and round instead of the oval shape on the template.
The screw holes are meant to be 1.5mm so ignore my 2mm ones.
I cut a strip 180mm then centred and glued the template.

Could you make one?

https://www.stealthvape.co.uk/downloads/templates/

20210613_171743.jpg
20210613_172941.jpg

Hi @mattc1
I've finally managed to get a frame produced without any severe mistakes so it's usable but your post has got me curious if you could make what I've spent weeks on.

Oh and ignore my row of three buttons they're on the piss.

The material I've used is 25mm x 3mm stainless and I've used the DNA printable template from Stealthvape.
The fire button is 8.5mm, the up down and select buttons are 4mm and round instead of the oval shape on the template.
The screw holes are meant to be 1.5mm so ignore my 2mm ones.
I cut a strip 180mm then centred and glued the template.

Could you make one?

https://www.stealthvape.co.uk/downloads/templates/

View attachment 248716 View attachment 248717
Have just seen this and when I'm in work tomorrow i will see when we are next putting 3mm on the lazer and get back to you!. but yes can do not a problem! :)
all i need to no is did you fold it the size of the paper template from stealth? or what size do you want the front plate and i can sort the rest!...

Last edited:
Have just seen this and when I'm in work tomorrow i will see when we are next putting 3mm on the lazer and get back to you!. but yes can do not a problem! :)
all i need to no is did you fold it the size of the paper template from stealth? or what size do you want the front plate and i can sort the rest!...
This is scaled to size.

Attachments

• Evolv-DNA75C-Printable-Templates(1).pdf
    137.6 KB · Views: 77
All good mate i have it. will get back tomorrow about when 3mm will be going the the lazer bed.

Just a quick one, i will be getting told the cutting list of materials tomorrow, so will get back this time or there abouts tomorrow mate @StrawberryRipple :)

Update........

Okay so im back to the stage where the boards mounted, buttons still wonky but fitted and clicking nicely, 510 sunk but not screwed yet, roughly polished and ready for new 21700 battery sled on route.

Me being new to this modding business have a really stupid question based on the fact this board came out of a plastic case and its going into a metal one.

The ring in the picture which is negative fits on the underside of the 510 then the nut screws on.

This is going to make the whole frame negative so my question is does that matter in any way?

20210615_172324.jpg
20210615_172302.jpg

Wouldn't have thought so.

It's a bit like your car where the positive supply goes to the things needing power and the the negative goes from there to the chassis or body to complete the circuit

Hi bud, i have not been given the answer yet for when 3mm will be going on as we have a big run of 15mm ongoing at min but will do it as soon as i can for you :)

Back
Top Bottom