What's new

Help choosing new squonk mod

Dazzle01

Initiate
Have been using the kangertech dripbox which I was given for the past week or so. Now looking into dual battery regulated squonk mods as the dripbox doesnt give enough power and the battery drains very quick.

Have seen two that are catching my eye. The top side dual and the wotofo dyadic. Has anyone any experience with these devices? Or is there any others you would reccomend?

Thanks

Have been using the kangertech dripbox which I was given for the past week or so. Now looking into dual battery regulated squonk mods as the dripbox doesnt give enough power and the battery drains very quick.

Have seen two that are catching my eye. The top side dual and the wotofo dyadic. Has anyone any experience with these devices? Or is there any others you would reccomend?

Thanks
The Topside dual is a cracking squonk mod, I reviewed it a couple of years ago but it's still one of my favourites, the chipset is so fast, pisses all over the dripbox in most ways.

Some people don't like the softer silicone bottle but I prefer it to the hard ones, you soon get used to it and requires a gentler squonk.

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/reviews/dovpo-topside-dual-squonk-200-watt-mod.html

I can't comment on the dyadic though as I've not tried one.

Thanks for linking the review. In the review you mentioned "the battery door is a bit odd, it's a lit wiggly and needs some persuasion to slide back fully". Then in the pros you have said it seems solid.

When I've checked online some say the battery door has issues with being easily broken. Have you noticed any issues with this since posting the review?

You need to watch the battery door on the topside it has a habit of breaking and if your lucky dovpo will send you a new one or its around £17 from wat I read on a fb page

Have you had an experience with this? Is it down to the way its designed or how the user handles it?
I think out of the two the topside is edging ahead.

Me and the wife have Topside Dual, love them. The silicone bottles are nice and firm to press. The extra sled/tank with cap is a great extra too.

Can't really see how I could be more happy with a mod...

Thanks

If you want small = Dyadic. (I also like the easy power modes/ ramp ups) and grippy feel.

Topside otherwise. Easiest filling and biggest capacity, I would argue better battery management and quicker firing. But cos of size and weight it rarely leaves the house.

I'd also go for the Topside Dual, the only reasons not to go for it would be the size, weight and that it doesn't perform that great in Temperature Control mode, hits great in Wattage mode though and is otherwise perfect.

If you want something small, lightweight and pocketable then I'd go for a VV Pulse 2, got one recently and it's great with a 21700 in, was using a DotSquonk 100w before I got it but the chip lacks a bit and doesn't hit well enough for me.

Another vote for the topside dual but the single is also great with a single coil RDA

Can be had in sensible and tasteless colours too

99CC0B7D-CEBD-4CC9-9CA7-5EF94DDC4495.jpeg

B66E9222-5475-4C4D-A013-736CD43C2AC0.jpeg

For a compact squonker the vandy vape pulse 90 would be my choice. The og is better than the V2 imo but hard to find now.

Back
Top Bottom